Jambands.ca

Foods you don't like, but wish you did....

Ms Zimmy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mustard! I hate regular mustard, although I love pretty much

every other variations. I've had many a drive through burger

ruined by adding mustard even though I had asked for the burger

sans-offensive ingredient. "They fuck you at the Drive-Thru!"

I used to not like green peppers, but I have pretty much

forced myself to like them. I still have the urge to pick

them off pizza, but I remind myself that I like them now.

They are actually a pretty tasty ingredient.

I had to "learn" to like a few varieties of fish. I'm glad

I did. It really paid off as a nicely prepared fish dish

is one of my favourite meals.

Edited by Guest

Regular mustard is Fucking SICK...Makes me gag thinkin about its Yellow Grossness.

Also i gotta say i HATE ham...... i have had ham that tasted good but i gotta say i woudl never make the stuff or eat it on my own EVER... i dont knwo if its the texture or what....Its gross ass stuff

hmmm. everything in this thread I may have disliked at one time, but I have grown to love in certain places.

Green Peppers: they are the basic pepper. if you don't like them, how can you like any pepper? When I smell a pizza being baked with green peppers on it, I get INSTANTLY hungry.

Olives: they provide a punch for many things. I love experiencing them on pizza, in salads, mooshed up in a tapinade to spread on crackers, or just on the side of an appetizer.

Melons: There is enough juiciness in any cantaloupe or honeydew to make any brunch a pleasure.

Coconut Milk: An incredible substitute for dairy made cream. VEGAN friendly!

Mustard: That shit is a must with many salad dressings, mayonnaises, and it is that certain something that you can add to potato salad, tuna salad, egg salad to bring everything together. It's a homogenizer.

Veal: well, if you don't picture the damn baby cow thingy, it is a delicious cut of meat. I rarely have it. I'm a big ground turkey fan these days, so what is the difference?

storuman-06-12-02oo.jpg

ham and mustard are pretty much staples for my family. delicious

i don't like brussel sprouts, but i hear they're very healthy, so i wish i liked them. i also don't like asparagus (the food - chris is cool!) but really want to because it's apparently very good with a lot of things i do like a lot. i'm gonna try to get back on that train this summer.

hmmmmm. coconut "meat" I'm not too into but I dig the coconut's water and milk.

Grapefruit is too bitter for me also.

I've learned to enjoy things I thought I hated, like celery, dijon mustards and Booche.

I dig the "ballpark" mustard - works for me sometimes.

bussels sprouts.

How have you had them done? I've done them in stir-frys, just quartered (with maybe a bit of the bottom stem trimmed off), stirred and fried until they're a bit brown around the edges (done with tons of other vegetables, and tofu, and ginger...), and they're great.

Aloha,

Brad

hmmm.

Green Peppers: they are the basic pepper. if you don't like them, how can you like any pepper? When I smell a pizza being baked with green peppers on it, I get INSTANTLY hungry.

Isn't the green pepper unripened "other" peppers?

I have tried and tried, it was my New Years resolution this year and I have already lost...they hate me, I hate them...the cheap trash pepper.

cilantro is my nemesis...although that being said, I've been trying to add it in here and there to accustom myself to it.

Jaybone is a giant pussy. Mustard is devine - I love all kinds grainy, dijon, brown but plain old Frenchs on an 'dog with 'kraut is about as good as you can get in a hand held food.

Mustard: That shit is a must with many salad dressings, mayonnaises, and it is that certain something that you can add to potato salad, tuna salad, egg salad to bring everything together. It's a homogenizer.

Apparantley it is also a mild aphrodisiac. I have yet to spread it all over a womans body like a friend of mine did after learning this. However, it's in my top 3 condiments bar none. A good hot sauce being at the top. i.e. Chalola

As for foods I wish I liked but don't. Beets! Can't stand the texture, sight, taste, or faint odour. If they are in a salad that is at a table I'm sitting at then that salad won't be the only one that is tossed.

I think they only food I dont really got off on is Olives, I dont mind if there is a light olives flavour in things, I like Greek salad and all but I always pick out the olives lol weird texture soooooooooo oilly :( yucky lol and Sardines arnt too bad every here of there, But Kipper Snack! YAY!! :P LOVE Kippered Snacks, Nothing like Brunswick Kippered Snacks eh Gr8ful

I think they only food I dont really got off on is Olives, I dont mind if there is a light olives flavour in things, I like Greek salad and all but I always pick out the olives lol weird texture soooooooooo oilly :( yucky lol and Sardines arnt too bad every here of there, But Kipper Snack! YAY!! :P LOVE Kippered Snacks, Nothing like Brunswick Kippered Snacks eh Gr8ful