Jambands.ca

Raid at the Comfort Zone and Silver Dollar Room

ForbinHood

It really is a shame about that place though. Wednesday nights were great - everyone that frequented the place back in the day seems to agree. There was no cover and the crowd was always wicked and the bands were, arguablly, always amazing too. Its too bad the cozone will be remembered for this. And the Silver Dollar room too - such a blemish on its reputation.

I remember meeting Hal and djMelba there.. man I miss that time a lot... lol I dont' think I could handle goign out every wednesday anymore though.

I heard it again on the news this morning.. it is kind of a shame but I am not going to deny the scetchy nature of those sunday raves.

The first jazz is dead show was sick!

One of my favourite zone memories, was being outside after the Blue Floyd show and the Betts kid asked me where he could get some opium. "it IS chinatown isn't it??!!" LOL

Another classic memory, sitting on the silver dollar patio on one of those legendary wednesday nights. My friend was trying to pack his one hitter and wished for a paper so he could roll. He puts his hand out palm up and I literally watched a rolling paper float down from the sky and land in his hand. No jokes! If ever there was a sign to roll!