Jambands.ca

Lincecum or Meche?

Hal Johnson

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this. I would have to say say Lincecum. I don't even think that it's close. ESPN has them ranked at 104 and 232 respectively fwiw. I paid a lot in FAAB money last year for Lincecum in a keeper league. Got to keep him as my 21st pick. It's prolly too late for you though. Hopefully Meche comes through for you.

I've got an auction draft coming up on April 5, for a nother league that I'm in. AL only, 12 team. with a 10 round supplemental draft. You really need to know your stuff for that one. I'll be doing lots of reading on the train ride into Toronto for that one.

I just saw this. I would have to say say Lincecum. I don't even think that it's close. ESPN has them ranked at 104 and 232 respectively fwiw. I paid a lot in FAAB money last year for Lincecum in a keeper league. Got to keep him as my 21st pick. It's prolly too late for you though. Hopefully Meche comes through for you.

I've got an auction draft coming up on April 5, for a nother league that I'm in. AL only, 12 team. with a 10 round supplemental draft. You really need to know your stuff for that one. I'll be doing lots of reading on the train ride into Toronto for that one.

Dang! It is too late too - someones already nabbed him. Ive got faith in the Northern Wish though!

I did an auction draft last year. That seems to be the way to go in terms on enjoyment, huh? It was my first time doing one so I kinda screwed up large. We get to keep as many players as we like this year, and were drefting again this staurday to fill out our rosters. Cant wait; but a lot like poker, my judgement seems to fade with every new beer past 7.

Edited by Guest

The auction draft I'm in is a lot of fun. We can keep b/w 6 and 12 players each year. I've been in this league for about 15 years (I joined in its 3rd season, I think). Draft day is just a blast. A roomfull of guys puffing away (that's one of the requirements of joining, LOL) talking baseball for about 8 hrs. Doesn't get much better than that.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay focker's - here's one for you, especially Guigsy:

Is Harang gonna bounce back next year to his usual form? What the hell is the deal with him anyway, why does he suck so bad this year, when he looked like a guy destined for great things on the mound?

Ive got him in my keeper league and Im perplexed as to what to do with him in the off season. Do I keep him and hope he pitches like 2007, or let him go free agency cuz 2008 is an indication of whats to come?

oh god, he better bounce back. i've got an ulcer riding on it....

he's really been a nightmare since he did that 4 inning relief stint in san diego, during that 18 inning game... prior to that, he was pitching great, had good location, velocity, was keeping the bb's down and the k's up, and his era was hovering around the 3.30 - 3.70 mark... but of all 5 cincy starters, he was averaging the least run support per start - it was sick to watch his games get wasted early on... his 1-4 april could have easily been 5-0. funny though, that that 4 inning stint was one his best - 9 k's in the 4 innings. but his made his next regular start, got killed, and then i think shortly after that they had to skip his turn, and then he started having the arm issues... mostly shoulder fatigue, i think, which just fucks everything up when you try to overcorrect, or be the ace you're supposed to be when you dont got it.

i think they should shut him down the season, and let the pettyjohn's, maloney's, and thompson's make a case for next season.

i think he'll be fine next season... his track record in cincy is incredible - i think this year was just a whole lot of fuckery. if i dont believe that, though, whats the point? of anything? ;)

one thing, though, with the younger team they're looking to have next season, in a division full of cardinals, brewers, and cubs, wins are gonna be hard to come by, regardless of how well he pitches.

• 3 weeks later...