Jambands.ca

Kids In The Hall tour 2008!

Kanada Kev

Just stumbled (well Digg'ed) this. Great news. I saw these guys on their "Farewell Tour" and it was a complete riot. Loved the show. I'll be looking at going to the Massey Hall show for sure :)

http://www.myspace.com/kithtour08

The Most Critically-Acclaimed Comedy Troupe of Our Generation Hits the Road for First Major Tour in Six Years

"The Kids in the Hall", the watershed comedy troupe of the 1990’s, are returning to their live-performance roots for a major North American theater tour in 2008. The tour kicks off at the Star Plaza Theatre in Merrillville, IN on April 4, 2008 and will include approximately 30 cities in the US and Canada. Join The Kathies, Headcrusher, the Sales Guys, Buddy Cole, and people you’ve never met before (but somehow recognize from your everyday life) on an adventure into the bizarre and side-splittingly funny.

In 1990 I was assistant entertainment programmer for Carleton U. residence. When we got the list of available talent for our Hallowe'en show I saw that the Kids In The Hall were going for something crazy cheap, like $1,000 or less. I think it was their first season. Anyway, I called to hold the date with them and me and the entertainment programmer had a meeting. I told her we gotta get the Kids; the show was catching on quick, a comedy troupe would be a great change from the norm, and people would remember the show forever. No matter what I said she would have none of it. She insisted on booking Roman Grey for $1,000 'cuz they had (barely) broken the top twenty on the Canadian charts.

Roman Grey sucked ass and nobody, and I mean nobody was interested. And I missed an oppourtunity to work with the Kids way back when.

Stupid fuckin' Patty.

FriendsFirst Ticket Sales Begin:

March 27, 2008 12:00 PM

FYI, as this show is a 7pm start time, look for a late show to be added that night as well. Massey Hall is also available the following night, so if demand is high I would not be surprised if another 2 shows are added the next day.

I would kill for "Salty Ham" sketch...Fran & Gordon were always my favourite characters. :)

------------------------

[setting: Scott and Bruce are in a bedroom in the middle of the night. Bruce is up drinking out of a pitcher. Scott rolls over after hearing Bruce burp and turns on the light.]

Scott: Gordon, what are you doing up, hon? It's after two o' clock in the morning.

Bruce: It's that salty bloody ham!

Scott: The ham we had at dinner?

Bruce: Yes! Was there another ham?

Scott: You didn't like it...

Bruce: No, I didn't like the ham, dear; it was a little bit salty, thanks.

Scott: Well, you certainly wolfed enough of it down.

Bruce: I didn't wolf it down. A man works all day, he expects a normal ham meal, not Goddamn bastard brine!

Scott: I don't know what could have gone wrong...

Bruce: Well *something* did!

Scott: I didn't do anything different... I went down to Deatrix and picked myself up a choice 6 pound Virginia ham.

Bruce: Did you drop it in *salt* on the way home, perhaps?

Scott: No, I basted it with a mustard glaze, then I put maraschino cherry and pineapple spears in it and popped it in a 350 degree oven for....2 hours.

Bruce: A man my age shouldn't be up *all* night looking for Gatorade streams in the backyard!

Scott: Let's be fair to the ham, dear. Ham is a salty food. It's not like porridge, or toast, or a pear.

Bruce: I know that *ham* isn't porridge, or toast, or a pear. Jesus Christ! What do I expect from you? You come from a long line of horrible cooks. Your old lady's a horrible cook!

[scott looks shocked.]

Bruce: Oh, admit it! Everything with her is so bland, I could puke! She would boil a Pop-Tart, where as you--you would salt fish from the Dead Sea!

Scott: Oh, go on.

[bruce goes and looks in the mirror. He pulls his pajamas back a little and indicates his left side.]

Bruce: You know what's gonna happen to me? I'm gonna get a big pussy boil right on my neck! Is that what you want in bed with you? A big pus boil shooting salt over your good bed linens.

Scott: Yeah!

[bruce goes back over to the bed.]

Bruce: Christ! I work hard all day, I expect a normal ham meal, not, not--Voodoo pork!

[bruce sits down.]

Bruce: You know what this reminds me of, don't you?

Scott: I hate to guess.

Bruce: The mushroom pork incident.

Scott: Oh! When will you ever let me live that one down?

Bruce: Who but you would screw up something as simple as a pork chop? Smother it in mushroom sauce. Every--

Scott: It was gravy!

Bruce: It was horrid!

Scott: And besides that was a long time ago. [Dreamy] That was when we lived in the blue house, remember?

Bruce: I see a pattern developing. [Gets up] I'm banishing pork!

Scott: What?

Bruce: I've made a decision to banish park. It's not coming in through that *door*; it's not coming in through that *window*; your rock star son isn't bringing it home in his fag hair.

Scott: You watch your--

Bruce: As of today, we are a pork-free household. *I* have spoken!

[bruce gets in bed.]

Scott: Well, I guess there's no point in me making you ham sandwiches for your lunch tomorrow.

Bruce: No honey, no point whatsoever.

Scott: Fine, you'll jsut have to eat in the cafeteria then. See how you like that, it's *ham* Tuesday.

Bruce: Great!

Scott: Well you seem to know so much about cooking, Gordon, why don't you *do* all the cooking around here?

Bruce: Why don't you shut up around here?

Scott: No, no, no, no, no. We'll knock a hole in the ceiling, drag the BBQ in, tattoo an apron to your chest, you can cook to your heart's content.

Bruce: Shut up!

Scott: It just gets my goat! You wake me up in the middle of a lovely dream about Berry Gordy taking me to the Grammys--

Scott: --to harangue me about some stupid ham.

Bruce: I think it was a little salty.

Scott: I don't think it's fair, Gordon. I do everything in my power to be a good wife to you. I fold sheets and pillow cases, I shoo the kids out of that precious garden of yours.

Scott: I do everything in my power short of greeting you at the door in Saran wrap.

Bruce: Oh shut up about that stuff!

Scott: And for what? For *nothing*! For once in our marriage I would just like to have the last--

Bruce: SHUT UP!

Scott: --word!

[scott rolls over and lies down. Bruce just sits there for a few seconds, staring into space.]

Bruce: I am tired; I am salty; I require *silence*.

[bruce sighs and then looks at Scott. He pats Scott's waist.]

Bruce: Ahh, you old soldier.

[bruce starts to rub Scott's arm. Scott takes his hand.]

Bruce: Uh, listen, mother...is there any more of that nice dessert left?

Scott: [so quietly you can barely hear it.] Jello 1 2 3?

Bruce: What's that?

Scott: The Jello 1 2 3?

Bruce: Yeah, I think I'm gonna go get myself a little bit of that.

[bruce gets up and puts his robe on.]

Scott: Well there's a little bit left in the fridge, but be on your guard, it's beside the ham. Might have been some salt transfer.

[bruce burps and walks out.]

[scott picks up the telephone and calls someone.]

Scott: Hello Barbara? It's Fran calling. Sorry to wake you so late, dear, but I was just wondering if you knew how to cook a whole pig. You tried what? Swedish meatballs tartare? How'd it go over with the family, dear? I see. Well if you need a place to stay...