Jambands.ca

Free Tapings in Toronto - MMJ, Stars, etc...

Basher

Dave did you get in this way or did you have another source... im really hoping for MMJ... The Berekly is a great venue for a show...

A Toronto woman I know from the MMJ website contacted me and put my name on the guest list. Vicki and I are going. I can't wait, and good luck Bob!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is a first-time MMJ show for anyone that gets in, you won't know what hit you... guaranteed.

Thats a pretty bold statement, I saw them at Langerado last year for the first time and left from boredom. I'd like to give them another chance though and hopefully this is the show.

MMJ in a church? Sounds like a great concert to me. So does all the other bands listed, especially Yo La Tengo.

Although MMJ aren't my favourite band by any means, they put on killer shows, especially when booked in clubs or halls. I don't know what the vibe is like at the Langerado fest, but I wouldn't say the most "ideal" vehicle to see any band would be at a festival. I've seen quite a few otherwise good to great bands for the first time on big multi-bills and was often disappointed.

I'll go out on a limb and say MMJ are my favourite band (in addition to my other 3 favourites :)) and this is a do-not-miss event. It won't be a regular gig with all the HD cameras around and probably a bit more light than at usual dark shows, but man, MMJ, on the cusp of releasing a new album, in a converted church with a capacity of 1200 (probably less for this show with the staging and all the equipment for the taping) will be absolutely KILLER

I do love them too. As I approach age 40 (on March 26th), MMJ have crept-up my list of favourite all-time bands, although I doubt they'll ever unseat my old standards: The Who, The Allmans, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Stones, Beatles, Television, Coltrane, Muddy Waters, Grateful Dead and Zappa (and a couple of others).

I bet Franz Ferdinand would be almost not shitty in a church, so imagine how great the Jacket will be!

i bet me dry-heaving into a bag would sound pretty good in a church. it would also sound better than Franz Ferdinand.

I didn't know Musebox were doing giveaways to this. If you go to the blog www.chromewaves.net they have a contest for a couple of pairs of tickets to all of the shows.

My wife and I are going to the MMJ show. One of her friends set us up. She's never seen them since most of their shows are bar shows and we have 2 kiddies under five, so she's totally psyched...

Edited by Guest