Jambands.ca

World Baseball Classic in Toronto!!!!!!

Hal Johnson

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closest pub is the new St. Louis' across from the ticket booths on the south-side of the dome. It will be packed in there though since it ain't big. Gabby's is the closest non-toruist trap pub, but I'd rather go to The Elephant & Castle or the Firkin on John Street. Both are close to the dome.

• 4 weeks later...

No kidding!

To me, it's a fantastic idea for a tourney, but I don't see it getting any bigger in the future.

Pitcher's arms are too important to their MLB teams, and I think that turns a lot players off.

Mind you, this article does a bit to put things in perspective for all the cry-babies dropping out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/notebook?page=bbtn

...How about meeting at the Fox and Fiddle on John Street before and/or after the game?

Def cant make it before game 1' date=' but is it close enough to meet up for a few between games?[/quote']

Yes. I'll be there after Game 1 with some folks. All you do is walk up John Street and Adelaide. It's on the south-west corner, across from Hooters (a five-minute walk from Front Street). I'll be wearing an old-school blue Jays jersey.

Captain obvious wishes to point out that The Horsehoe is a bar.

But I get what your saying. Since Im going to the second game, Ill prolly part ways with you guys after game 1, run down to the fox for some quick beers, then get back for game two. Then meet up afterwards at the show.

Edited by Guest

I know it aint Phish, but if there's a better way to spend this weekend, I's like to know what it could be. (well, there's a pitch down the middle if there ever was one :P)

Oh, and at the risk of sounding like a braggart, Bryan Dumesnil is on the Canadian Roster. He was a buddy of mine in Nanaimo. I'll be rootin for him to pitch an inning or two.

Edited by Guest