Jambands.ca

Phil Lesh and Friends Summer dates

Basher

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for ordering the tickets mousepad ... looking forward to our annual birthday show!

Peace, Mark

You're welcome. I guess we'll iron out the logistics later but you're always welcome to sit on the back of my bike and be my bitch! You'd look good in leather! :)

You're welcome. I guess we'll iron out the logistics later but you're always welcome to sit on the back of my bike and be my bitch! You'd look good in leather! :)

Hmmm ... as much as I try, I just can't come up with a witty reply to your offer! :) :)

On another note, I (finally) started reading Levon Helm's book (This Wheel's on Fire), and am enjoying it very much. Lots of musical history that I had some sense of, but the book is giving me an even bigger appreciation for the historical roots of some of the music that I enjoy. And it will certainly help to add to the experience of seeing Levon and his band.

Peace, Mark

you're always welcome to sit on the back of my bike and be my bitch! You'd look good in leather! :)

too funny!! makes for a great visual - I suspect it would look something like this......

Michael%2527s%252520ass%252520in%252520chaps.JPG

Well this is shaping up to be quite the show. Great to hear you're heading over MT and Mousepad!

And to make it even better, head down a day early and catch this:
The first show planned this summer for the grounds of High Falls Brewery, 445 St. Paul St., has been announced: Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi's "Soul Stew Revival" is 5:30 p.m. July 11. The show is a wild bag of Etta James, Junior Wells, King Curtis, the Rolling Stones, Blind Willie Johnson and the like. Scrapomatic also plays. Tickets ($30 advance, $35 the day of the show) are at Aaron's Alley and Ticketmaster, (585) 232-1900 or www.ticketmaster.com.

Cool venue. I caught the SCI Big Summer Classic show there a couple of years back. I'll post a few pics tonight if i can.

Well, it's a few nights later, but. Here are a couple of pics from the High Falls Brewery site from the Big Summer Classic in 2005.

I had a couple of all access passes via JonO (sound for SCI) and we hung out "backstage" for a while where my buddy Jim and I found a lonely keg of Heiniken. We proceeded to hang out there for a while and poured for anyone who wanted some. Good times ;)

2005-07-19stitch.jpg

2005-07-19013.jpg

2005-07-19001.jpg

I (finally) started reading Levon Helm's book (This Wheel's on Fire)

Please start over but read out loud and record it and I'll grab the tapes off you when you're done and just listen the book in my car to and from work. Thanks Mark' date=' you're the best![/quote']

Sorry buddy, I just finished the book and am now reading this message! I'll keep you in mind before starting my next musical biography! :)

I knew that things got ugly with The Band from other things I've read, but Levon certainly paints a grim picture. And wow, I never realized just how big The Band was back in the day. I was lucky enough to see them a few times post-RR, but always thought that they were more of an under-the-radar phenomena than the book describes.

Phil and Levon together ... wow! So much musical history.

And sweet pictures Kev ... certainly nicer than the one Blurry posted! I'm expecting a nice cold Heineken when I see you in Rochester! :)

Peace, Mark

Edited by Guest

you're always welcome to sit on the back of my bike and be my bitch! You'd look good in leather! :)

too funny!! makes for a great visual - I suspect it would look something like this......

Michael%2527s%252520ass%252520in%252520chaps.JPG

Well this is shaping up to be quite the show. Great to hear you're heading over MT and Mousepad!

HA! Thanks Blurry! I gotta find a picture of the full outfit and figure out how photoshop works. :)

More info has now been posted here:

http://www.bigcitysummerfest.com/index.html

What are people doing after the show re: accomodation? I don't see an obvious hotel or campground choice from any maps I've looked at. I did send in a question asking for accomodation suggestions via the website ... I'll let people know what I hear from that.

Peace, Mark