Jambands.ca

IPod Repairs

boiler

My wife's Nano mysteriously died the other day. Does anyone have experience with sending them back for repairs? Is it worth my while? It's just a 4gb, but I'd hate to see it just end up in the garbage.

if it died during your applecare warranty, you shouldn't have a problem. if not, I'd just go get a new one. Make sure you try EVERYTHING though. Reset it, reboot it, restore to factory defaults, etc. All that info is on apple's site somewhere

I've done all sorts of voodoo on that thing, it's dead. I really doubt that I can fix it for much less than the replacement. I don't know what kind of price ipod repairs would usually run. Those 4gb Nano's are only $150 now. Bestbuy has the 160gb for $350. That's sweet.

Mine died as well and I just could not bring myself to pay full price for something that we already bought. I replaced mine with a refurbished version from apple and purchased the apple care warranty. It came to cheaper than a new one, is the exact same as my old one but has more protection with the warranty.