Jambands.ca

Ryan Adams opens for Oasis in BC, AB

dave-O

Oasisinet are happy to announce that Oasis will be performing a short run of Canadian and US shows with special guest Ryan Adams and the Cardinals prior to their headline appearance at the Virgin Festival Toronto on the 7th September. The band will play their first live show in over two years at Seattle's WaMu Theater on the 26th August before crossing the border to play shows in Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary.

Oasisinet have secured a Pre-Sale for the shows.

Pre-Sale tickets can be purchased by clicking the below link and using the password: OASISINET

www.ticketmaster.com/artist/766720

The full details for the shows are:

26/8/08: Seattle, WA - WaMu Theater - Pre-Sale tickets on sale 4/1/08 @ 10AM PST until 4/3/08 @ 10PM PST. Tickets on general sale 4/4/08 @ 12PM PST available from Ticketmaster & Qwest Field Box Office.

27/8/08: Vancouver, BC - GM Place - Pre-Sale tickets on sale 4/1/08 @ 10AM PST until 4/3/08 @ 10PM PST. Tickets on general sale 4/4/08 @ 10AM PST available from Ticketmaster & GM Place Box Office.

29/8/08: Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place - Pre-Sale tickets on sale 4/1/08 @ 10AM MST until 4/3/08 @ 5PM MST. Tickets on general sale 4/4/08 @ 10AM MST available from Ticketmaster & Rexall Place Box Office.

30/8/08: Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome - Pre-Sale tickets on sale 4/1/08 @ 10AM MST until 4/3/08 @ 10PM MST. Tickets on general sale 4/4/08 @ 10AM MST available from Ticketmaster & Pengrowth Saddledome Box Office.

Somebody change the thread title...

Oasis announced this morning the addition of shows in Ottawa and Winnipeg to the band's cross-Canadian tour.

The band hits Scotiabank Place Sept. 4. The North American tour starts in Seattle, Wash., and concludes with a headline appearance at the Virgin Festival in Toronto. Ryan Adams and The Cardinals will join the tour as special guests. This will be the first live shows from Oasis in over two years.

Tickets go on sale Friday, April 11, at 10 a.m. at the Scotiabank Place Box Office, all Ottawa-Gatineau Area Sports Experts Locations, charge by phone at 613-599-FANS/3267 or 877-788-FANS/3267 or online at www.capitaltickets.ca.

Tickets (incl. GST) are $39.50 & $49.50 plus applicable fees.

Oasis has recently been recording its seventh studio album with producer Dave Sardy in London's Abbey Road studios and the Village Studios in Los Angeles. The Canadian tour is presented in conjunction with MuchMoreMusic.

I wonder how long it will take into Ryan's set for the first Oasis fan to yell out requests for Bryan Adams songs? I'm betting song #1. Any takers?

[color:purple]very original, jaimoe

so what's your beef with oasis crowds and fans then?

people yell out for bryan adams' tunes at ryan adams headliner shows.

I wonder how long it will take into Ryan's set for the first Oasis fan to yell out requests for Bryan Adams songs? I'm betting song #1. Any takers?

[color:purple]very original' date=' jaimoe[/color']

so what's your beef with oasis crowds and fans then?

people yell out for bryan adams' tunes at ryan adams headliner shows.

I wasn't trying to be funny. I know it's an old and unfunny joke. Do you honestly think Ryan will get the same level of Bryan shout-outs opening for Oasis?

I think AD is more curious why you referred to Oasis fans as "legions of assholes".

I am simply not interested in seeing an opening Ryan Adams set in a cavernous hockey arena, just in case you might have been wondering why I wont be there.

Edit to add: Well-timed AD. Well-timed.