Jambands.ca

Ryan Adams opens for Oasis in BC, AB

dave-O

I know lots of Oasis fans, and some are even good people.

Me too. When they played with the Crowes the crowd was very rude and obnoxious. I think that was the only time I've seen Oasis so I can't really comment on any other show but at that one, the crowd really sucked!

I was in my mid 20's when Oasis started making noise back in 94. Their fanbase setup on the "alternative" fence along with other bands of their ilk like the Smashing Pumpkins and Blur. I'm not shocked that Oasis fans were unreceptive to the Crowes. It has a lot to do with the battle between the "hip" alternative scene vs dinosaur rock that absofuckinglutely took place in the 90's until the end of that decade. Remember when Oasis was on the bill with Neil Young in Toronto back in the 90's and 102.1 The Edge never mentioned Neil in their promotions?

Don't get me wrong, I think Oasis rock. I might even go to this show after all. They have some great songs. When I saw them back in 96 I thought they were jerks, because they spat at the crowd, insulted them, and kicked running shoes at them.

Now, to be fair, these were running shoes that some idiots had thrown at the band earlier.

I got my first exposure Ryan Adams on PBS just this past Saturday. Very impressed with him and his band. I've listened to some of his songs before but now I've seen what he does in concert. Too bad he's the opener in this double bill.

Don't get me wrong, I think Oasis rock. I might even go to this show after all. They have some great songs. When I saw them back in 96 I thought they were jerks, because they spat at the crowd, insulted them, and kicked running shoes at them.

Now, to be fair, these were running shoes that some idiots had thrown at the band earlier.

dude...this is ROCk AND ROLL! what do you expect?

Was this up in Barrie? If not, they're big shoe throwers. I was standing with a bunch of people back stage and some dude beside us started yelling obscenities at Liam as he was walking by. Liam proceeded to tell everyone remotely in the vicinity to go fuck themselves. That was awesome!

I'm a big Oasis fan myself, they have some beautiful songs. I like Ryan Adam's version of Wonderwall better though.

I am simply not interested in seeing an opening Ryan Adams set in a cavernous hockey arena, just in case you might have been wondering why I wont be there.

Dito. I really, really struggled with this decision. I can't believe I'm passing up a chance to see Ryan in my own town (if you can call Kanata part of Ottawa, it's almost faster to drive to Montreal, it's certainly more enjoyable).

For the record, I like Oasis' music as well. I just vowed never to see another show at that venue. I've walked away so disappointed each and every time I go and wish I had my money back.

Sorry Ryan. :(