Jambands.ca

NHL Playoffs 2008

badams

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot will come down to Sunday afternoon probably! It is cool that there are more games that matter to teams right down to the wire like this than having it all be determined weeks ahead of time.

Who's in 1st in the East? Pittsburgh > Montreal >Pittsburgh > Montreal >Pittsburgh > Montreal >Pittsburgh > Montreal > ... :D

The Pitts v Philly game on Sunday afternoon should be a good one too. After Montreal beats Toronto on Saturday and regains 1st, Pittsburgh is going to be fighting for it back AND knocking out their interstate nemesis Philly at the same time. Of course, Philly will get DIRTY and the drama will be intense . Just a prediction ;)

A lot will come down to Sunday afternoon probably! It is cool that there are more games that matter to teams right down to the wire like this than having it all be determined weeks ahead of time.

Who's in 1st in the East? Pittsburgh > Montreal >Pittsburgh > Montreal >Pittsburgh > Montreal >Pittsburgh > Montreal > ... :D

The Pitts v Philly game on Sunday afternoon should be a good one too. After Montreal beats Toronto on Saturday and regains 1st, Pittsburgh is going to be fighting for it back AND knocking out their interstate nemesis Philly at the same time. Of course, Philly will get DIRTY and the drama will be intense . Just a prediction ;)

An excellent prediction

If Washington wins and Ottawa loses, are the Sens out?

I would say the Sens are in unless this happens...

Ottawa can miss the playoffs all together if they lose to the Bruins, Boston gets at least one point in their final game against Buffalo, the Carolina Hurricanes defeat the Panthers on Friday night, the Washington Capitals win their last game against Florida on Saturday and the Philadelphia Flyers win both their remaining games.

I wouldn't think it is all likely to happen but who knows.

I think the Flyers game tonight against the Devils is more meaningful for the Sens. If the Devils win in regulation, the Flyers will be eliminated guaranteeing the Sens a spot in the playoffs.

edit: sorry, meant to say: flyers will guarantee themselves less points than the Sens if they lose tonight.

Still, it's a win and your in, and I don't think a team that has backed into the playoffs has ever done very good there, so I'm hoping the Sens just control their own destiny tonight with a smart, solid, and passionate game tonight.

Does anybody else here watch NHL On The Fly every night? I've been meaning to ask this question for ages:

Who's the dame that does the post game interviews in Washington for Comcast SportsNet? Lisa Hillary or something? Gawdamned.

My second question: Bruce Boudreau for the Jack Adams?

Some great looking matchups is right.

I agree with you that Nashville is a very dangerous opponent right now against Detroit. That could be an upset for sure.

Anaheim v Dallas should be killer.

San Jose v Calgary could be a real bruiser, but if Calgary doesn't come out fast they could be done quick.

Pit v Ott ... it's all about the health of both teams.