Jambands.ca

Jamhub.ca no more?

Walletsworth

The only wars that exists that you should worry about are between RIAA and ISP's against BitTorrent. Also RIAA against DRM, RIAA against consumers, ISP's against consumers, and Bush vs. Humans.

You forgot the ongoing Hux vs. "the overuse of acronyms" war.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamhub sucked as of late, but i guess so has the ENTIRE scenen, in my city atleast, Saint john has totally gone down hill since the venue "Neptunes" closed, when that bar was open there were fair cover charges, great bands booked EVERY single weekend. Now not so much if at all, and when somethign good comes along its way over priced and in a shitty lil "Dive" most times.

it should be left to die just liek the scene that was thriving not so long ago.... (fuck did i just rant about a fucking Msg Board??) hahah

I thought Neptunes got renovated and renamed? Am I wrong or have I been way to drunk everytime I hit Saint John to know whaat bar and hotel I say at?

You east coasters are super welcome here.

But if you want your own forum, I can easily setup a forum that is for you guys if you want. Vote in a moderators, and and I can setup rights for your moderators.

I can even setup more customized features for that forum if need be.

It might be a fun little project.

Wow! I haven't posted on here in forever. Kind of forgot I had an account.

The East Coast scene (especially Saint John) was doing fantastic when Nep-Tunes was open. I booked all the shows through there and was majority owner of the club as well. Although I was sad to see it go, It's just one of those things.

JAMHUB is not dead. I have been speaking with Graham and it looks like I'm taking the site over, revamping it, and making this my main focus along with booking East Coast runs for touring bands across North America.

So give it some time you crazy Jamhub refugees, and we will keep you posted of all the happenings.

Cheers Kids!

Jay McLean

www.leftyproductions.ca

Edited by Guest

I thought Neptunes got renovated and renamed? Am I wrong or have I been way to drunk everytime I hit Saint John to know whaat bar and hotel I say at?

it did its the "A-Khord" now, its a beautiful bar inside still with a nice big stage and a new acoustic stage, but nothing too intersting goes on there, mainly bands and acts no one has heard of, or interested in. Itxs a shame too, because its the nicest room in the city as far a bars go for hosting live tunes, when it lost Jmclean, its went WAY downhill.

Mclean - Fuck startin up jamhub again, get another bar on the go so the city can be rockin once again!!

We have been working on venue development over the last few months. Hence the lack of shows. We were close to closing a deal to purchase a venue uptown, but it fell through for reasons having nothing to do with us.

JAMHUB needs to be revived so that promoters and venues have a place to advertise shows, share music and photos, information, etc.

Every step is important in developing a "scene." Jamhub is a very integral part of ours, and Im not about to let it fade away.

Yes A khord is a nice place. We had offered them our services and they turned it down. So fuck it. They are apparently content with losing money, so I say let them continue on the path they are on. Wasted opportunity is a phrase that comes to mind.

Peace from the East.

Wasted opportunity indeed...... I didnt know they turned down your services...haha thats ridiculous buddy. Sucks your potential venue op fell through, but if the folks at A-Khord keep doin how they do(haha) then they should be closing anytime now, possibly leaving the door open to you folks at Lefty to grab up at a steal of a deal..... Keep up the good work Jay, i wasnt bashin on you for wantin to keep the hub alive. Come out to the country and have some beers if you every get a minute haha

I've been missing your mom too... hahaha

just noticed your signature? thats current right ?? Bringing the Dr back to town, Sweet. I am 150 % stoked for this. Not too into the ideal gas law, but sloco and the Dr more than make up for that. what boat is the ride on? that gigantic old school looking river boat? serving booze on the boat? bnads playing inside or outside? On the boat? fill me in on the deetz. Its the first show i've been pumped for in a while. You should look into renitn the Bellisle marina for smoe shows too jay, word is buddy isnt able to do much wiht it and rents it out for nothing, just figure i'de let ya know.

Cheers Facker

Edited by Guest

Check out www.leftyproductions.ca or look up the event on facebook.

I've got some shows slated with THE BREW from Mass coming up in August as well. Moncton and Saint John are going to be getting them. Check em out at www.myspace.com/thebrew1

All details are on both sites.

I've been in the woods out there all week in Hatfields Point doing soil testing for a geologist.

We were in the middle of a trail about 6KM in the middle of the woods Sunday morning when we realized we had one bull moose, and one cow on either side of us. The female was making noises as if to draw the male to her. Not a cool scene to be in the middle of without a rifle. All we could do is slowly back out of the thicket. Fuck the woods!

Elwoods is still there and still doing shows. Although, the place has a poor layout and is a little too small for the shows we want to do.

We have our eyes on a couple of other spots in the uptown area as well.

All hope isn't lost yet!

The woods aren't all that bad Mcloon, you're jsut a city boy hahahaha. Soil testing for a Geologist huh? Likely story.....i've ben doing some soil testing of my own.... and all looks real damn good haha.

Elwoods is like hanging out in a hallway, brutal place to check out a band that draws any kind of a crowd. I dont use Narcbook, so i'll keep chekcin up the lefty sight for Deets on good times.

Anything happening on the sunseeker front or is it just a thing of the past now?

Elwoods is like hanging out in a hallway, brutal place to check out a band that draws any kind of a crowd.

I was at Elwoods once, and I didn't think it was that bad.. Yes, a little narrow, but definitely not the worst in my travels! (I think my only complaint of that night was that I was cold.. The door was constantly open and there was no escape from the brutal chilling breeze flowing in.) I had a way worse experience at a place in St. George, I forget the name, but it felt like we were at a under-age high school party or something in the middle of a super crowded living room.. Oh yeah, Paul's Wharf is what it was called for JSB I think..

I just wish I had found more music when I was living in NB or I'd probably still be there! It's definitely beautiful!

We are going to be capping the Elwoods shows at 200 people so that the comfort level is a little bit better.

It could use some work in there, but right now it's the only place available for the things we want to do in the uptown area.

Elwoods is like hanging out in a hallway' date=' brutal place to check out a band that draws any kind of a crowd.[/quote']

I was at Elwoods once, and I didn't think it was that bad.. Yes, a little narrow, but definitely not the worst in my travels! (I think my only complaint of that night was that I was cold.. The door was constantly open and there was no escape from the brutal chilling breeze flowing in.) I had a way worse experience at a place in St. George, I forget the name, but it felt like we were at a under-age high school party or something in the middle of a super crowded living room.. Oh yeah, Paul's Wharf is what it was called for JSB I think..

I just wish I had found more music when I was living in NB or I'd probably still be there! It's definitely beautiful!

HAHAHAHA Pauls Wharf hahahah That where im from and I know what you mean, and I bet you 100 bucks 60% of the crowd was under age, I remember I used to be in there when I was 16 and up

JAMHUB needs to be revived so that promoters and venues have a place to advertise shows, share music and photos, information, etc.

Promoters and venues have a place right here to advertise and the visibility is pretty large across the board. The unique visitor numbers don't lie.

People are sharing music, photos and information all the time here. Is there something missing ?

I think that its just where ther majority of users are from, I mean I used Jamhub all the time when I was back home becuase most of the hubbers where from the coast and it was a good tool to find out whats goin on and such relitive stuff the the area, But when I moved here to Toronto, I found Jambands seemed to be alot more relevent to find out whts goin on in the Ontario side of things. Too bad about Jamhub being crushed with virus's That why I stopped using it, But nothing is wrong with Jambands at all, It right on in my books, I perfer it to Jamhub (pre-virus Jamhub)

Edited by Guest

They can post the same things here. It's the freaking INTERNET. Basically, this site is running on managed servers and supported software so why bother spending time setting up another site? It sounds like putting on shows is the point so I suggest put on some shows and use this site for the community extension east.

Edited by Guest