Jambands.ca

Jamhub.ca no more?

Walletsworth

Cheers to you Mike for all your hardwork here over the years. Thank you for what you have contributed to the community, your work can seem unheralding I'm sure. Your time and money is certainly precious and what you have given us is an avenue to express ourselves so again, thank you...

To think of how big jambands.ca has grown since the beginning of the phishsanctuary is astounding... I can remember how small it was originally intended to be.

Cheers to you brother, all the mods, and friends.. this is defintely a great place to WASTE my time...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a promoter, it's fantastic to have a site that already has a big audience.

Jambands and Jamhub can exist on the same internet kids.

We down here in the East aren't trying to stir pots, kick goats, punch donkeys, etc. All we are trying to accomplish is to strengthen the East Coast scene by providing a forum to do so. We toyed with the idea of creating a new board altogether, but why bother? The Jamhub name is very well known on the EAST COAST. For this reason, it's worth putting the effort in to make it happen.

No disrespect to anybody on this project. Feel free to create an East Coast forum on Jambands.ca I say the more the merrier guys.

But the fact remains...I need a forum dedicated primarily to the East Coast music scene. Jamhub is going to be that avenue.

I'm in touch with the East Coast scene on a daily basis, and it only makes sense for a site that has seen a major influx in activity on the East Coast, to be run by, and based out of the East Coast.

Graham has done a great job over the years, but like Toastmaster said..he just didn't have the time anymore to keep it going. So we discussed options, and a new product is going to hit the net soon.

Keep promoting, supporting, making, buying, selling, taping, booking, watching, painting, enjoying, etc.

I think it would be fantastic to have multiple boards dedicated to this community we have all helped form.

I still find it funny that after putting it out there, not 1 person has bothered to email me...

Cheers Kids.

Backyard BBQ and Beer time!

..Can't really say I am sad. Jamhub was lame-ass. Way too many newbies who think they know it all. It wasn't worth saving IMHO, this site has always been better for informed opinions. As for maritime outlets, locals.com (particularly monctonlocals) is a joke. A whole lot of whiners who are into nothing but punk/metal and anything without meloday or that has bpm's above 170 or so (which is fine, but no one seems open to anything else, because it is a very vocal minority who post). Jamhub was decent years ago, but if I hear more about how shit hot SLOCO is, I am going to puke blood out of my asshole. Same sets for how many years, but the tix keep getting more and more, I hope the new last night never happens again. My exgirlfriend fucking hates them and that is all I like about her. I won't miss the super outdated news postings (hey Charlie Hunter was in Canada, 6 months ago), and blind support of any band who has been deemed "cool". That should just about wrap up my bitching for the year.

..Can't really say I am sad. Jamhub was lame-ass. Way too many newbies who think they know it all. It wasn't worth saving IMHO, this site has always been better for informed opinions. As for maritime outlets, locals.com (particularly monctonlocals) is a joke. A whole lot of whiners who are into nothing but punk/metal and anything without meloday or that has bpm's above 170 or so (which is fine, but no one seems open to anything else, because it is a very vocal minority who post). Jamhub was decent years ago, but if I hear more about how shit hot SLOCO is, I am going to puke blood out of my asshole. Same sets for how many years, but the tix keep getting more and more, I hope the new last night never happens again. My exgirlfriend fucking hates them and that is all I like about her. I won't miss the super outdated news postings (hey Charlie Hunter was in Canada, 6 months ago), and blind support of any band who has been deemed "cool". That should just about wrap up my bitching for the year.

wow.

quite the first post.

how you ever gonna follow that up?

I've never had an issue with Slowcoaster not keeping it Fresh..And i've been in the "scene" for YEARS, Hands down the best band in the east coast right now , tickets keep going up because the demand is there, and they Fill every venue to capacity they play at. I'de rather hear the same old sloco set for years straight than anything new(since birth) by GTB, there's a band i'de rather set fire to myself than listen to(their new stuff). Other than that i Agree with absolutely everything in your post.

No offence there Bouche, are you saying that Graham had nothing to do with Phishsanctuary?

oh my GAWD - graham isn't even here, it's been like 7 years, and poor bouchie is still getting pounded by graham's hyperbole...

My heart is breakin for you here buddy - so I am going to set the record straight as someone with no agenda or even any care other than to finally lay this to rest for bouche's sake.

AS THE ONLY PERSON WHO WAS IN THE ROOM OTHER THAN BOUCHE when the skank was created - I can assure you that what mike has said is infact the truth.

I don't know if I've ever heard the story told fully but this is what happened - period.

Graham wanted to get in on phishsanctuary and assumed that bouche would welcome him with open arms. But before mike even had a chance to scratch his ass Graham was all over the place telling people he was a partner and making all these plans. Bouche just knew that although he was a friend, Graham's personality was too strong at that moment. The site was in its infancy and Graham was already running amouk. I remember bouche trying to talk to Graham and Graham freaking out. Bouche bucked back only by ignoring Graham. Well that was enough - the war was on. Graham started a hate campaign about Mike and how he had kicked him out of the site and he got his team together and started up Jamhub the whole time bashing bouche.

I cannot believe I come to visit the site for like the second time in five years and this whole business is going again.

Ms h is right - there was no rivalry except for the one that was thrust upon bouche.

I just stopped in to say hi - and I know there will probably be a lot of 'she's an idiot' posts in response to this one - so I don't think I'm going to come back and look at them haha - say what you will but I have spoken the truth.

I was working with Mike in Smiths Falls when it all went down and that is what happened.

Please stop bashing bouche after all these years over the lies that people have spread about him.

p.s. - i take offense to your claim bouche that you didn't have any help in the beginning so I will be teaming up with the holier than thou website and I am going to take you down!

Jay, get the Hub up and running would ya! Although I never agreed with...well.. pretty much anything and everything that went on on the hub, it was still my favorite place to go on and stir up the locals! How will Esjay ever tell the world how great Evolve was? How will Jack Black ever mindlessly agree that every show was the greatest ever? Who will hear mindtrix's mindnumbing sarcasm? So many questions, and lost internet souls. Bring it back Jay, if for nothing else than your own self promotion.

No offence there Bouche' date=' are you saying that Graham had nothing to do with Phishsanctuary?

[/quote']

oh my GAWD - graham isn't even here, it's been like 7 years, and poor bouchie is still getting pounded by graham's hyperbole...

My heart is breakin for you here buddy - so I am going to set the record straight as someone with no agenda or even any care other than to finally lay this to rest for bouche's sake.

AS THE ONLY PERSON WHO WAS IN THE ROOM OTHER THAN BOUCHE when the skank was created - I can assure you that what mike has said is infact the truth.

I don't know if I've ever heard the story told fully but this is what happened - period.

Graham wanted to get in on phishsanctuary and assumed that bouche would welcome him with open arms. But before mike even had a chance to scratch his ass Graham was all over the place telling people he was a partner and making all these plans. Bouche just knew that although he was a friend, Graham's personality was too strong at that moment. The site was in its infancy and Graham was already running amouk. I remember bouche trying to talk to Graham and Graham freaking out. Bouche bucked back only by ignoring Graham. Well that was enough - the war was on. Graham started a hate campaign about Mike and how he had kicked him out of the site and he got his team together and started up Jamhub the whole time bashing bouche.

I cannot believe I come to visit the site for like the second time in five years and this whole business is going again.

Ms h is right - there was no rivalry except for the one that was thrust upon bouche.

I just stopped in to say hi - and I know there will probably be a lot of 'she's an idiot' posts in response to this one - so I don't think I'm going to come back and look at them haha - say what you will but I have spoken the truth.

I was working with Mike in Smiths Falls when it all went down and that is what happened.

Please stop bashing bouche after all these years over the lies that people have spread about him.

p.s. - i take offense to your claim bouche that you didn't have any help in the beginning so I will be teaming up with the holier than thou website and I am going to take you down!

What she said!

If these two sites are merging - if only for a short while I think digging up the past and getting the real story of why two jamband sites started out of Ottawa is probably a healthy thing.

Your collective reactions show that this is a touchy subject. I did not use any offensive language to describe the story that I have been relayed by those same stakeholders. This seems like a good time to discuss the parallels and differences of these sites.

I never saw a mean spirited bone in Bouche's body - so I never thought there was any rivalry between the sites other than run of the mill negative messageboard culture by its members, not by the administrators. It is obvious that both boards were successful and became regionalized - one in Ontario and the other in Atlantic Canada. In BC - they use http://www.upstreamentertainment.com/ to discuss jam related bands and shows. Bringing these communities together could be great in bringing more fans together - more discussions and more users.

Hamilton said: "The weakness of the "scene", whatever that is, has more to do with the music than the effort being made to promote it. If people aren't buying your product, it doesn't necessarily mean that they don't know about it. Maybe they don't like the product, or they would rather spend their money in a different fashion. The "stakeholders" that you speak of - the ones who can affect things the most and who are most affected by things - are the musicians, performers and promoters, not the guy running the website."

You maybe right that there aren't really any new music in the jamband genre that is especially groundbreaking - I've especially noticed how the 'jam band' genre split up into different. Jambands genre is a catch-all genre that include sub-genre classifications like: live electronica, electro-rock, improvisational rock, fusion, funkrock, world fusion, jazzfunk, reggae-rock, indie-rock, roots rock and others... I know awareness of the 'jam' scene is not as mainstream in Canada as it is in the US.

The idiom certainly has it's detractors and social misconceptions - In my mind it is not really a genre to itself other than that "jambands" often fuse elements of other genres into their music. In that way "jamband" music was exciting to me was because it was often not limited to any one style and that group improvisation and musical expression of soloists were key element of the sound. Styles do comes and go - and I do believe that jambands music will have it's day again.

I would however have to disagree that stakeholders are limited to the artists, performers and promoters. The websites, venues and fans are also stakeholders in this area. Hamilton, do you not feel any sense of interest to this community after contributing to it for years?

I am excited to see Jamhub.ca take a new form and I know that Jason's vision of the site includes connecting with bands and promoters to help with developing a new audience and healthy music community for the East Coast.

H wrote//

"I don't know if I've ever heard the story told fully but this is what happened - period."

If you dont know the full story dont post anyting at all.

one of our good friends told me long time ago

"If you dont have anyting nice to say, dont say anyting at all"

some of us will know who that friend is.

See you in 7 years.