Jambands.ca

Anyone Know Anything About Casio SK-1's?

tynan

A friend of mine gave me one he found in his grandmothers' house, but it won't power up. It looks as though something went wrong with the power adapter and it fried itself. Anybody know whether or not this is fixable?

PS: I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I was told it was the "general discussion" area.

I don't know much about them except that I have one and love to play it from time to time! I pretty much just make trippy noises with it and add general mayhem to otherwise acoustic jams.

As for your power adapter issues, if you can't find a replacement, I suggest using batteries instead. Don't let that wonderful beast go unplayed any longer!

if the inside is "fried" then, no, batteries won't help. If it won't power up with fresh batteries then something is wrong internally. If you are tech-savy and alright with a soldering gun, open it up and look for visual clues of malfunction. beyond that these are NOT worth fixing. If no sound but powers up, try with headphones.

Radioshack's canadian brand "Realistic" also makes this exact model. Value village and ebay will probably fetch one for under $20.

Adaptors are really easy to come by, just read the input voltage and amps and look for one at value village.

there are lots of resources for this keyboard on the web. goodluck!