Jambands.ca

My Morning Jacket are on SNL Tonight!!!

Jaimoe

I have no idea what Jim and the boys will be playing, but I'd wager "I'm Amazed", another great modern southern-rock anthem from their upcoming album and perhaps a truncated "Evil Urges". Heck, they may even air out something from Z or It Still Moves. Imagine the kids that still think SNL is important getting their faces slapped with "One Big Holiday" or "Lay Low"? One can only hope.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt they'll play an old song, but I'd love to hear it. Taking an informal poll on the MMJ forum, the folks there are torn with the second song, but most think they'll do "I'm Amazed".

There's far too much press and buzz surrounding this new album for the band to do an old song, plus they are very forward-thinking.

i'd love to see them play Highly Suspicious on national television. Or Touch Me (Part 1) - what an amazing song.

if they play an old song it'll have to be snappy, so my bet is on Anytime. (but the smart money is on One Big Holiday, which I think is well below average for them, songwriting-wise). There is no chance for Lay Low or anything longer than 5 minutes, IMHO.

i'd love to see them play Highly Suspicious on national television. Or Touch Me (Part 1) - what an amazing song.

if they play an old song it'll have to be snappy, so my bet is on Anytime. (but the smart money is on One Big Holiday, which I think is well below average for them, songwriting-wise). There is no chance for Lay Low or anything longer than 5 minutes, IMHO.

Although, "One Big Holiday" would hit the uninitiated "world audience" right between the eyes with a big Flying V.