Jambands.ca

My Morning Jacket are on SNL Tonight!!!

Jaimoe

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know she isn't on the show anymore.

I thinking that is why it isn't as funny without her as the head writer. Haven't seen Mean Girls but love the 30 Rock.

Jesus I still need to stay awake for another two hours to see MMJ

Although I doubt I'll ever watch that movie again given the Lindsay Lohan runaway train that left the station shortly after the film was released.

It's still unsettling to me that SNL's comedy is really really putrid across the board including the news

The news was entertaining tonight for the most part and I saw one of the best musical skits they have ever done. Dick In A Box material. Absolutely fantastic. Dont worry if you missed out. It will be flying around the interwebs in no time. If anyone is wondering whether or not if we watched the show, we only saw the stuff revolving around MMJ.

I did learn one thing tonight. Evil Urges isnt the song I thought it was. That was the first time I have ever heard it. Great tune. That Zepplin-esque bridge? Awesome. This band can totally stop on a dime.

It's still unsettling to me that SNL's comedy is really really putrid across the board including the news

I did learn one thing tonight. Evil Urges isnt the song I thought it was. That was the first time I have ever heard it. Great tune. That Zepplin-esque bridge? Awesome. This band can totally stop on a dime.

It's normally a 9 minute-plus tune, so maybe you've heard other parts of it that weren't in this "single" version?

hey - obvious question - What f-ing songs did they play? for all your talk and predictions you guys can't even post the names of the two songs?

now i have to go somewhere else and look it up. fer fack's sake.

Thanks Dave - is it worth downloading the show to see the performances? anything to write home about?

The show was horrid; a total piece of humourless garbage. MMJ put on a good show however. They were a little sloppy during the solos on "I'm Amazed", but Jim and Carl made up for it with some raw sustained notes and crunchy licks. "Evil Urges" was really good all-round.

I got some laughs out of the episode. The Grand Theft Auto reference in the news was funny, but only because I've been playing it.

The skit that lampooned Match Game "It's a Match" was pretty funny. That "charles nelson riley" spoof was pretty hilarious.

I got some laughs out of the episode. The Grand Theft Auto reference in the news was funny, but only because I've been playing it.

The skit that lampooned Match Game "It's a Match" was pretty funny. That "charles nelson riley" spoof was pretty hilarious.

I kept an eye on the Match Game skit, but weren't they lampooning the other Match Game/closeted gay TV icon Paul Lynde?

I watched. I was underwhelmed by MMJ. I too thought hte Match Game skit was funny, but then again, i loved that show when i was a kid. They needed the detective to be holding a long microphone though :)

I record SNL and skip through it. I don't know how anyone can actually watch it "live". It's so painfully slow with all the commercial breaks (yes, i know, part of a "live" show).

I agree that Fred Armisen was doing a mix of Lynde and Charles Nelson - he sounded and looked like just like Lynde, but he wore that neck scarf that nodded to Charles Nelson. No matter, the show sucked except for the Jacket.

Oh yeah KK, don't judge MMJ on that fairly good performance. Their concerts are mind-blowinglg great.

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

First time hearing the new stuff. I liked 'I'm Amazed' but wasn't crazy about 'Evil Urges'. I need to listen to the new album at some point.

Oh yeah KK, don't judge MMJ on that fairly good performance. Their concerts are mind-blowinglg great.

That's what I figured. I enjoyed the first tune more than the second. I've got Okonokos and i'll have to listen to it some more and maybe find a concert vid to try out.

I kept an eye on the Match Game skit, but weren't they lampooning the other Match Game/closeted gay TV icon Paul Lynde?

correct. I used to get them confused as a kid. But was Paul Lynde ever on Match Game? He was on Hollywood Squares and Bewitched.

Oh yeah KK' date=' don't judge MMJ on that fairly good performance. Their concerts are mind-blowinglg great.[/quote']

That's what I figured. I enjoyed the first tune more than the second. I've got Okonokos and i'll have to listen to it some more and maybe find a concert vid to try out.

The Okonokos DVD cranked up loud, preferably on "Off The Record", "Dondonte" and in particular "Lay Low" should do the trick. There's also Bonnaroo performances floating around. Also, their first appearance on Conan when they did "One Big Holiday" remains one of the best one-off talk show performances I've ever seen, including all the greats from the past.