Jambands.ca

Banned Instrument - Glass Armonica

bouche

Video included.

The glass armonica’s ghostly notes will cause insanity in its musicians and listeners! At least this is what was thought to be true in the 18th century. People were frightened by the armonica’s sound due to it’s strange interactions with the human brain and ears (more on this later). Benjamin Franklin invented the glass armonica (above) in 1761 after being profoundly moved by the sounds of the glass harp

The giant wind chimes hypnotized me with their wonderful tones.

Me too! I love weird instruments and consider myself a collector of them, only cheap ones though. I've got:

- ocarina

- didgeridoo

- casio rapman keyboard

- mbira (thumb piano from zimbabwe)

- slide whistle

- a korean wood flute (not sure of the name)

- a kids sized squeeze box

- a small gong

- recorder

- melodian

- acoustic guitar (not so weird)

And I can barely play any of em! :)

The giant wind chimes hypnotized me with their wonderful tones.

Me too! I love weird instruments and consider myself a collector of them' date=' only cheap ones though. I've got:

- ocarina

- didgeridoo

- casio rapman keyboard

- mbira (thumb piano from zimbabwe)

- slide whistle

- a korean wood flute (not sure of the name)

- a kids sized squeeze box

- a small gong

- recorder

- melodian

- acoustic guitar (not so weird)

And I can barely play any of em! :)

[/quote']

You have a ocarina KevO, Where did you get it from? Ive always been a big Zelda Fan, and also a fan of trying out instruments ( not being good at them by the way) And I would love to try or buy a ocarina!

That was the most beautiful Broccoli solo I've ever heard!

Hmm interesting. A friend of mine left a weird homemade looking kind of whistle/recorder at my house years ago and I still have it. Now I know what it's called!

You have a ocarina KevO, Where did you get it from? Ive always been a big Zelda Fan, and also a fan of trying out instruments ( not being good at them by the way) And I would love to try or buy a ocarina!

I think I picked mine up on Kao San Road in Bangkok.. Or somewhere in Thailand or Laos anyway. Yeah its pretty cool, though not nearly as cool looking as those ones on the site you just posted! mine has 6 holes.. 2 on the bottom for your thumbs and 4 on top (for your pointer and middle fingers). you hold it like a burger. Not sure if I'm doing a good job painting the right picture here or not, hehe.