Jambands.ca

MARLIES !!!

Kanada Kev

Guest Low Roller

Marlies have been strong all year, but don't let that fool you into thinking that JFJ actually built up a strong farm system. The team is mainly comprised of career AHLers rather than prospects. Regardless there is playoff hockey in Toronto, so good for you.

Why in the world is Clemmensen starting over Pogge? That boggles my mind. Does someone need to explain to the Leafs brass that the point of a farm team is to develop NHL players, not to win AHL championships?

Looking how the Leafs have been run over the last few years I believe it is a thought that is lost on them.

Marlies have been strong all year, but don't let that fool you into thinking that JFJ actually built up a strong farm system. The team is mainly comprised of career AHLers rather than prospects. Regardless there is playoff hockey in Toronto, so good for you.

You are partially right, but the Marlies are made up of a number of future NHL role players like Robbie Earle, Ben Ondrus, Steffan "I wish I was my brother" Kronwal and Kris Newbury. However, they really only have a couple of top prospects in that gay internet kid and that goalie that they have no trust in playing.