Jambands.ca

QOTD- Feb 5

gentlemonkey

quote:

Originally posted by Groove Fetish:

right now- I'm thinking Aldous Huxley- or maybe Will Eisner...they are/were so socially perceptive and I always find myself reading/hearing their thoughts and feeling that we're on such the same wave length.

Will Eisner! That's awesome. I just finished Invisible People. He is the master. Fetish, maybe you and I should start a separate comic thread.

As for me, I think I'd like to have lunch with Owen Wilson and Wes Anderson, dinner with either Hegel or Marx, see what their take on the 21 century is , and breakfast with Heather Graham [Wink]

I love this question!!!!

First let me say that I have had the absolute pleasure of having lunch with the first 2 men on my list of favourites.

None of these folks are musicians per se but all are orchestrators of humanity (from my perspective). So, in no particular order.....

1) John Ralston Saul

2) Jeremy Rifkin

3) Congressman Dennis Kucinich

4)Gandhi

5)Christ

6)Ray Kurzwell

7)Ralph Nader

8)Bruce Sterling

9)Aung San Suu Kyi

10)Jimmy Carter

Really the list is endless, we have had so many incredible, brilliant, thoughful, giving people walk our planet.

I'd go with:

Joan of Arc, to find out the truth about the voices in her head.

Feynman, if he brings his bongo drums.

Pierre Trudeau, but he's paying.

Gary Trudeau, if he brings pen and paper.

Margaret Trudeau, if she brings Mick Jagger and he's paying.

Ben Browder, if he sits down, shuts up and lets me undress him with my eyes. Ehh, screw that noise--I'm using my teeth.

Anthony Bourdain, because he knows what he's eating and does it anyway.

Guest Low Roller

I'd love to have lunch with either of my grandfathers. Both died before I was born, so I never got a chance to talk to them.

If I was to follow convention and pick a musician, it would probably be Jim Morisson (dead) or Thom Yorke (living).

quote:

Originally posted by gentlemonkey:

carol channing used to give me brutal nightmares..

There's a new sketch comedy show on the Comedy Channel (and possibly CTV, I'm not sure) called "The Holmes Show" featuring Jessica Holmes, who does a heavy-duty impersonation of Celine Dion. One recurring sketch has one of her (male) co-stars portraying a small boy in his bedroom. Holmes appears as Celine, and boy yells, "Mom! The monster's back!!!"

"No, Timmy, I'm not a monster! I just want to sing for you!"

"But I hate your singing!"

"So does my baby. His little ears are too tiny for my nasal ranting..."

Aloha,

Brad

Archived