Jambands.ca

Kitchener Rangers OHL Champs!

Schwa.

Next the Memorial Cup!

The Kitchener Rangers will enter the Memorial Cup run as OHL champions. The Rangers led all the way through last nights game, toughing out a strong Bulls outfit. But it wasn't until Mike Duco put the puck into an empty net in the dying moments that Rangers fans let out a collective sigh of relief, and with that, the blue shirts beat the Belleville Bulls 4-1 in front of a capacity crowd at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium. Hundreds of fans paraded through the downtown after the game, honking and waving jerseys to celebrate the game 7 win. 570 News spoke with fans as they left the AUD last night, most saying with OHL title in hand, it will give the Rangers some much-needed momentum as they head into the Memorial Cup, which starts Friday.

Guest Low Roller

Two Habs prospects, P.K. Subban (Belleville) and Yannick Weber (Kitchener), were beating each other up during the 7 game OHL Finals series.

Subban ended up having 23 points in 21 games (not bad for a defenceman) and Weber had 17 points in 17 games (he's also a defenceman). Weber was injured and did not play the last three games of the Finals.

The Kitchener Rangers were chosen to host, and are competing against the Belleville Bulls in the 2008 OHL championship series. Bellevile is guaranteed a berth in the tournament by virtue of playing against the host team in the league championsip. The Rangers will compete in the Memorial Cup schedule as hosts, and Belleville will assume the schedule of the OHL champions.

I found my own answer.

Its gonna be nuckin futs around here over the next little while! Hey Schwa - wanna bring our git boxes down to the Aud and play for beer money?

Man we should totally do that!! I bet with your skills on the guitar and my triple kick routine we could fuggin' rake it in buddy!

Yes, still pressing to score on the PP in the dying minutes when you're up 8-0 is embarrassing.

Spokane has had a great tourny, but Kitchener looks to play a more complete team game. Should be a good final.