Jambands.ca

My bike got stolen

Velvet

btw, how can an orange bike be manly?

It had a basket on the front, and it's the colour your worried about?

;)

Sorry to hear Velvet - with such a unique bike and a crew of vigilante hippies on the lookout, I am confident that justice will be served.

Phew!!!!

On my walk to the bikeshop to see if they had thwe serial number I found it!!!! The bastards tried to cut through my mondo lock and gave up, tossing the bike (manly basket and all) over a fence by the Queensway. With the help of my neighbor I hopped the fence (made me feel fifteen again) and we retrieved it. Seems like there is no damage aside from them trying to get through the lock, but even that doesn't need replacing!!!

Glad to see you found your bike!! not too many happy endings in those types of situations , so best possible scenario,besides catching the fuckers in the act and beatig them senseless. where i live i've never owned a bike lock, never locked my house door, EVER , leav emy keys in the ignition of my unlocked car, and everyone is the same way. I could NEVER live in a big city, or any city forthat matter EVER.

Didn't the same bike get stolen from the same place once before? Or am I misremembering?

Either way, I'm happy for you that you got it back!

Well, yes. Someone tried to take it from the front porch and just left it on the sidewalk in front of the house...I suspect it's 'cuz they realised they wouldn't get through the lock. I'm off to the hardware store now to get something to anchor my lock to the porch.

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. It's not the fanciest bike in the world so normally I wouldn't be tooooo upset but the fact that it's the bike I've taken on all my bike trips...well, I wanna keep it forever.

That's crazy. Just two days ago someone stole the guy upstairs from us' bike around 11am from the front porch. He had left it there for the past 2 years, completely unlocked and it finally got stolen but it really irks me that someone just walks up mid-day and rides off. We were in the house and so was he.

Edited by Guest

yay I am glad you found your bike. I really hate people that steal bikes. what a bunch of jerks!!!!! I am lucky that no one has stolen mine.. I ALWAYS always take the seat off if I am leaving it for a while...

I can't beleive that the person who took it would just get rid of it too.. and I thought baskets on bikes=automatic stealing deterant... grrr...