Jambands.ca

nashville... lets talk nashville.

A good affordable hotel that's located in the Music Row area is http://www.bwmusiccityinn.com/

I stayed there a few years ago. It's only a short walk (10 min.) from the Broadway strip - BTW, Nashville empties out somewhat at night (non-weekends). It's a small city and no one seems to live in the downtown core. You must go to the Bluebird Cafe http://www.bluebirdcafe.com/about/

It's located a little bit out of town in a stripmall, but it's an amazing place. Don't talk while the performances are happening or they'll throw you out. I'm not kidding.

Edited by Guest

How far is Nashville from the site in Machester? My group (3 car loads) is planning to convene somewhere and form a caravan before heading into the lineup of cars, so we can camp together. None of us have been before so we've been thinking Nashville is the place to meet up. Hopefully its not too far out of the way?

Nashville is about 1.5 hours or less from the site, and if you're coming from the north it's right on the route there. The past 3 Bonnaroos I've been to, we've stayed in Nashville for a comfortable sleep and shower before driving back. We'll be doing that again this year.

I'm going to Nashville too this summer.

Then to Memphis to put some things into perspective

Ever been to Memphis? Beale Street is highly overrated (although it's the only street worth checking out), but the Civil Rights Museum is amazing, if a little bit too big. Sun Studio offers a really good tour. However, the city of Memphis, no matter what way you slice it, is a dump.

If you go to Memphis, try to be there on a Sunday and go to the Full Gospel Tabernacle Church. Might not work this summer as Al Green has a new album and is touring, but then again, it might just work.

Full Gospel Tabernacle Church

Rev. Al Green, Pastor

787 Hale Road

Memphis, TN 38116

Office: 901.396.9192

I've never been but will diving through and camping all the way.

Any other suggested spots that I shouldn't miss while in that area?

I plan on hitting up New Orleans and I would love to see Austin...a friend told me it's fantastic.

Maybe San Antonio.

Yeah...I thought about avoiding New Orleans...but I've always wanted to go. The main tourist spots are where? Bourbon street?

Yes, the French Quarter. If you like rowdy college kids staggering around drunk all night long, then New Orleans is the place for you.

Yeah...I thought about avoiding New Orleans...but I've always wanted to go. The main tourist spots are where? Bourbon street?

Yes' date=' the French Quarter. If you like rowdy college kids staggering around drunk all night long, then New Orleans is the place for you.[/quote']

That sounds like hell. I wont be partying though and will probably be there during the week. Maybe I will only spend one day there and stop in Austin.

Savannah was another place I really wanted to see...but a little out of the way.

"I went down to the Crossroads.."

Oh yeah, if you want an interesing road trip, go to Clarksdale Mississippi. That's the town where Robert Johnson sold his soul (I believe he actually did it too) at the corner of Hwy 61 & 49. Clarksdale is one of the most musically significant American towns. The Delta Blues Museum is located in the town as is several real juke-joints. The list of bluesmen that called Clarksdale home is staggering. Look it up. BTW, the place is dirt poor but fascinating. Morgan Freeman's juke-joint (I wrote Jambands.ca on the bar along with Long Live nero) along with his 5-star restaurant are highlights too.

The Crossroads...HA I never even thought of that. Wow, I might skip New Orleans this round and do a few more short stops. I will let you know what I find at the gravesites.

I love the US for all their state parks.

AD...I'm a Gone With the Wind fan and would love to see Georgia. One day.

Thanks for all the really awesome suggestions. My adventure have changed a great deal since this morning :)