Jambands.ca

Next Neil Young Archival Release

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

From Pitchfork:

Young will continue his tradition of archival releases with a series of Blu-ray Disc box sets. These releases will form an interactive chronological overview of Young's oeuvre, featuring "music, movies, videos, personal archives, memorabilia, photographs, letters, handwritten manuscripts, and more," according to a press release.

Young is collaborating on the release of this "Neil Young Archive" series with Sun Microsystems and Reprise/Warner. The first box set is planned to come out this fall. It's a 10-disc monster covering Young's work from 1963-1972.

I read somewhere that Neil was going to release Crazy Horse's unreleased album Toast in the upcoming archives. I think it was recorded around 2000 and Goin' Home was one of the tracks. It was my understanding it was going to be released separate from the long awaited box set but we'll see what happens.

Awesome! Thanks for posting the link to the presentation Neil did. That set looks amazing. I'll def be getting a PS3 at some point in the near future. Why bother buying a standalone BlueRay player when for a few bucks more you get a kickass game system too :)

Now, the new HD TV to go along with it would be vital as well :) Money money money money money money money money money money money :(

I would guess that only a low percentage of the Neil YOung fan demographic actually have a Blue Ray player.

My guess would be that only a low percentage of the Neil Young fan demographic actually expects that this project will see the light of day in their own lifetime.