Jambands.ca

IRON MAN

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

I saw the movie Iron Man last night and, as a noted comic book enthusiast, I must say that I was incredibly impressed with the movie. Robert Downey Jr. nailed the role of Tony Stark to absolute perfection, the mythology from the comics was adapted very acurately, and the special effects were fucking cool. Oh yeah, and Gwynyth Paltrow is hot.

Thumbs up as a good action movie and two thumbs up as probably the best adaptation of a Marvel character on the big screen.

I saw it last week and agree with you 100%. Downey was spot on as Tony Stark. The scenes with Downey and Paltrow were great, they play off of each other very well. I could see a lot of foreshadowing for Iron Man II. I am looking forward to it.

my vote for best superhero movie ever is cast!

concerning iron man II foreshadowing...are you speaking of the scene AFTER the credits have completely rolled through? We sat in an empty theatre to see what happens at the end of the credits. I read on the internet that we had to.

Batman and Robin are old news now anyway.

Batman-e-Robin-decadence.jpg

I probably don't need to point this out to anyone, but don't go see Speed Racer. I was dragged to it last weekend, and yes Veronica, it *is* as bad as you guessed it might be. Unless you're nine years old... then, perhaps, you could enjoy it. The chimpanzee was probably the one redeeming feature.

[spoilerq:1]Iron Man 2?[/spoilerq]

[spoilera:1]Hints of Tony's alcoholism - Rhodes comments of donning the suit - SHIELD playing a major role - The Mandarin (10 Rings) could very well be the major villian

[/spoilera]

End Credits

The end credits with Fury mean SHIELD is more involved. More likely that part is leading to an Avengers movie.

[spoilera:1]Hints of Tony's alcoholism - Rhodes comments of donning the suit - SHIELD playing a major role - The Mandarin (10 Rings) could very well be the major villian

[/spoilera]

End Credits

The end credits with Fury mean SHIELD is more involved. More likely that part is leading to an Avengers movie.

Head of Shield

at the end of credit roll, Tony Stark is visited by the Head of SHIELD. This eye-patched character is played by none other than Samuel L. Jackson.

See it here if you must. It definitely sets up some really exciting new possibilities if other movies are to be made this way.

Anyone wonder if they will do the same thing at the end of the Hulk movie?

that movie is going to suffer in the shadow of Iron Man. I still don't understand why they are trying to make the hulk again. the CGI is way to obvious.

I know. The first Hulk was horrible. I'm sure this one will be better but I have little faith it will live upto Iron Man or Spider Man 2.

I think the Hulk would be better suited for a movie like The Avengers where he isn't the focus.

I know. The first Hulk was horrible. I'm sure this one will be better but I have little faith it will live upto Iron Man or Spider Man 2.

I think the Hulk would be better suited for a movie like The Avengers where he isn't the focus.

Ang Lee's Hulk was disappointing but I have high hopes for Ed Norton as Bruce Banner. Hopefully more character development and less Hulk smash.

Look for an Avengers movie in 2011.

[/spoilera]

End Credits

Head of Shield

at the end of credit roll' date=' Tony Stark is visited by the Head of SHIELD. This eye-patched character is played by none other than Samuel L. Jackson.

See it here if you must. It definitely sets up some really exciting new possibilities if other movies are to be made this way.

Too funny, the nerds in the room are really stoked by the scene ;)

To add, I thought the movie was kinda neat. Never been a comic book guy though and have no point of reference for this movie...

i'm by no means a comic book guy. this was just a wicked movie. I saw the importance of the final scene and the mentions of S.H.I.E.L.D. without knowing the "novels". My bro gave me more info that makes it all more powerful though. The Marvel folks apparantly have control over the direction as a movie studio now. They did this, and if they continue, we may be seeing a whole new slew of cool action films unlike anything we've seen.

I'm glad that there are so many comic book movies.

I hope they redo Frank Miller's 'the Dark Knight returns' - a 60 year old batman and a young female robin...

A silver surfer movie not on the toes of the Fantastic Four would be awesome too...

SHIELD...for THOR for me...

There are so many awesome comic book heroes and villains and so many done to shame.

Iron Man on my Birthday. Cool suprise.