Jambands.ca

Shows it Ottawa for the May 2-4 weekend?

Ol'Hickster

Naw there pretty open minded people to all things, They are solid jamband fans

courtesy of punkottawa.com - these are mostly punk / metal / hardcore / jazz / ska shows

05/16 - Save September, The Rough Sea and more @ End Hits - AA/7pm/$6

05/16 - Ska Fest Day 1 w/ One Night Band, Whitey, Tea For The Voyage, Clock Strikes Music, Bad News Bears @ The Bayou - AA/19+/7pm/$10 - $25 for a festival pass

05/17 - Viscera's Recital, The Love Machine, For the Mathematics, Brights @ Mavericks - AA/8pm/$8/$10

05/17 - The Casualties, The Krum Bums, Zero Hours, Gunned Down @ babylon - AA/19+/7pm/$13 - EH, VT, TW

05/17 - Ska Fest Day 2 w/ The Real Deal, Keepin' 6, Fleeba, The Dirty 30s, Nummies @ The Bayou - AA/19+/7pm/$10 - $25 for a festival pass

05/17 - Mothers of the Lower East Side @ Avant Garde Bar - 19+/9pm/FREE

05/17 - Mile Over Mecca @ Avant Garde Bar - 19+/9pm/$5

05/18 - Blindwitness, With Blood, Buried and Breathing, There Were Thousands, Theressa Knorr, Her Last Words @ Mavericks (221 Rideau St.) - AA/7pm/$10/$12 - tix from bands

05/18 - Ska Fest Day 3 w/ Trip The Off, One Night Band, Tea For The Voyage, Fleeba, Max "Kid" Cossette @ The Bayou - AA/19+/7pm/$10 - $25 for a festival pass

05/19 - Eviction Party (Guelph), The Visitors, Starla!Ubiquitous, The Rough Sea, Justinomics (Van.) and more @ Dishouse - AA/7pm/$5

05/19 - Shearing Pinx, Fucked Corpse, We Fled Cairo @ 59 Argyle Ave. - AA/7:00pm/$5

On Saturday at Zaphod Beeblebrox, Zaki Ibrahim is playing, which sounds kind of interesting:

Zaki Ibrahim's music is captivating and vibrant. It's thick with poetics, and steeped in a delicious mixture of earnest emotion and humor. She was shaped by the diversity of her Apartheid-era hometown and household , where the lessons of Islam fed into discussions of Buddhism, Sufi philosophies courted drums, and Scottish folk songs intertwined with a rich, epic ancestral history.

Note that this is an early show, as is usual at Zaphod: doors at 8pm, music starts around 9pm, music ends at 11pm, with the bar being turned over to DJs after that.

Barrymore's is re-opening on Saturday after some renovations, and is having a free retro '90s DJ night, which might appeal to someone who just wanted to get out and drink somewhere with music going on.

Aloha,

Brad

Barrymore's is re-opening on Saturday after some renovations,

"Renovations" being their term for "liquor licence suspension."

They did take the time to do some renos, I'm not sure what, but they certainly didn't take any initiative to improve their bar - they were shut down for allowing drugs on the premises and then decided to do some fix-ups.

Barrymore's is re-opening on Saturday after some renovations' date='[/quote']

They did take the time to do some renos, I'm not sure what, but they certainly didn't take any initiative to improve their bar - they were shut down for allowing drugs on the premises and then decided to do some fix-ups.

Wonder if Ray-zor was involved. ;)

Barrymore's is re-opening on Saturday after some renovations' date='[/quote']

Yowch. I got kind of excited when I saw they were renovating because they've got one of the greatest facades in the city, at least the potential to have the greatest facade in the city.

What's the new bar below them all about? Imperial I think?