Jambands.ca

QOTD: Usernames..

captainsunshine

I was looking at some of the usernames and some are very interesting!

Where did y'all come up with yours? Some are obvious, but some just have me wondering what they mean..

Mine came about a few years ago when living in Colorado.. My friends and I were feeling weird and made up superhero names for each other, and I quickly became Captain Sunshine since I love the sunshine!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a buddy in university named Trevor. I started calling him T-bone. He started calling me Jaybone. No one else ever called me Jaybone until I registered on this here website. Now half my friends only call me by my internet handle.

I originally felt back when this website was called Phish Sanctuary that the rock legend's name I borrowed along with his band for that matter, weren't getting their due in this "community" at the time - although jam was alive and thriving back then. Some of the early board members were too consumed to care about any band other than Phish.

In the early 1990's I worked for Bell Northern Research, a company noted for employing a large number of computer Geeks.

I carpooled to work with one of my co-workers, who was several years older than me. He liked the country music, I liked the rock. When we took his car, the radio was on the country station. In my car, it was usually live Grateful Dead tapes, or Pink Floyd, or the local classic rock radio station. He jokingly referred to my music as "freak music".

One day as we were leaving work we noticed the car in front of us had a license plate frame that read "Software by day, hardware by night". We both had a good chuckle about that, and I blurted out "well I'm a Geek by Day, and a Freak by Night".

He started calling me that, and I found it a fitting nickname when I signed up for the Phish Sanctuary.

you'd have to ask my dad :)

Actually, there a funny story to it, which is that when I registered for this site a million years ago I accidentally misread the form info (I'm sure it's different now). It said somehthing like "Enter your name" so I typed in my name, expecting that there'd be somewhere else to choose a username. Suddenly I had an account with my real name, but couldn't be bothered to try to change it. Whatever. Means that people won't walk up to me in social settings saying "hey are you VikingDestroyer2256" or whatever, thereby avoiding any embarassing "internet geek" situations.

Well signed up when this thing started as the Phishsanctuary and pulled a couple of my favourite songs together...

Went to string cheese in 02 i believe to be nicknamed PassedOutGuy and that lived until this past winter to where I had a revelation that I would quit drinking and move on from that part of my life...

seems I should be heading back to PoG anyday now... kinda suits me me thinks...