Jambands.ca

The Upcoming Raconteurs Toronto Show has been moved...

Jaimoe

i would put kool haus near the top of the list for venues. ive rarely had a bad show there. it's open, spacious and an easy in-out.

what is your complaint about it?

Depending on the show, the atmosphere isn't great in there, but the worst thing is the almost consistently murky sound, especially near the front and sides. Depending on how heavy-sounding the band is - and by heavier meaning the bigger the problem - the sound is almost always muddy as hell.

That being said, I think the venue has improved in recent years. I've seen a few concerts where the audio was good. I think you still roll the dice at Kool Haus from band to band. It's the uncertainty that get me down.

One other big complaint though - and I haven't me a soul who disagrees - is the location. Man, it really sucks down in that decrepid part of town. No ambience or great vibe to be had for a few city blocks.

I think the ticket price was way too high for this show. It comes to almost $53 with SC at ticketmaster.

We got ours at rotate this but I still think the high price will turn off a lot of people.

I assume poor ticket sales and is the reason the venue was changed.

Has anyone been to a show at Ricoh. I really can't see the sound being better than at Kool Haus.

Has anyone been to a show at Ricoh. I really can't see the sound being better than at Kool Haus.

One of my best friends went to see Beck there a year or so ago. He said the sound was good from where he was situated.

It's funny to think that if Jack did a solo show, he'd sell-out many mid-sized venues. Actually, The Raconteurs are selling-out venues in the US for this tour, but of course Toronto is an entirely different bag, but goddamit, The White Stripes are monster big here.

Maybe the lack of a monster lead-off Canadian chart hit (even though "Salute Your Solution" is better than most songs off of the first album) may have prompted slow ticket sales... if this is the reason for the venue change in the first place.