Jambands.ca

NKOTB MuthaFuggas!!

Schwa.

Guest Low Roller

They're going to fill the ACC? Seriously?

In a similar vein there was a show in Brighton recently that brought together such luminary acts as Rick Astley, Banarama, ABC, Johnny Hates Jazz, and Paul Young.

There were no survivors.

Wahlberg' date=' he up and pulls this stunt.[/quote']

Yeah, heaven forbid professional musicians write some new songs, freshen up old classics, plan a huge production of a tour and get out there and put on the best show they can to the delight of millions.

So you liken a manufactured boy-band that didn't pen their own songs or create their own image with real musicians not called The Monkees or The Hives?

Partially related - Interesting article about Backstreet Boys and N'Sync creator Ron Pearlman:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/080521/entertainment/entertainment_fraud_pearlman_col

By Barbara Liston

ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - Boy band mogul Lou Pearlman, who launched the Backstreet Boys and 'N Sync, was sentenced on Wednesday to 25 years in prison for swindling investors and major U.S. banks out of more than $300 million.

In an audacious two-decade-long scam, Pearlman enticed individuals and banks to invest millions of dollars in two companies that existed only on paper and won the confidence of investors with strong but fake financial statements created by a fictitious accounting firm, according to his plea agreement.

U.S. Judge G. Kendall Sharp held up a book with letters from Pearlman's victims, saying they included "his family, his close friends and people in their 70s and 80s who have lost their life savings."

"So the sympathy factor doesn't run high with the court," Sharp said.

Pearlman, 53, unsuccessfully sought to delay his sentencing to allow time to launch his latest creation, European pop band US 5, in the United States and Asia.

Pearlman said he was developing US 5 at the time of his arrest and the bankruptcy trustees for his companies agreed he had the potential to earn "significant profits" on the band -- money that could be used to pay restitution to his victims.

Pearlman proposed a plan for him to have supervised access to a telephone and Internet connection while in custody to pursue the business plan.

Federal prosecutors opposed the plan, noting that Pearlman's fraud proved he could not be trusted in conducting business by phone or Internet.

I hear you knocking me but you ain't shocking me

'cause jealousy is telling me that you're just jocking me

so keep on talking skee, with pride I'm walking see,

because on anybody's block is where I'm gonna be rockin' gee.

Don't play those games, oh, ee, oh, oh, oh, stop playing those games.

Wahlberg' date=' he up and pulls this stunt.[/quote']

Yeah, heaven forbid professional musicians write some new songs, freshen up old classics, plan a huge production of a tour and get out there and put on the best show they can to the delight of millions.

So you liken a manufactured boy-band that didn't pen their own songs or create their own image with real musicians not called The Monkees or The Hives?

Umm, I really don't know much of anything about NKOTB, just kinda shootin' from the hip with my statement. But yeah, I had The Who in mind when I said that. I've heard of the Monkees but am not familiar with the Hives, are they reuniting or something?

I hear you knocking me but you ain't shocking me

'cause jealousy is telling me that you're just jocking me

so keep on talking skee, with pride I'm walking see,

because on anybody's block is where I'm gonna be rockin' gee.

Don't play those games, oh, ee, oh, oh, oh, stop playing those games.

Boyeeeee!

Hahaha

I remember how everyone loved them, then one day, everyone was wearing New Kids Suck t-shirts.

I was to busy listening to Cat Stevens, Tommy James and the Shondels and Van Morrison (who I figured was probably related me because my name starts with Van too).

Ahh, New Kids bring back good memories.