Jambands.ca

Wolf Parade - Mount Zoomer

Blane

Due out in less than a month now, but can already be tracked down (in relatively shitty quality) online.

Haven't had a chance to fully digest it yet, but definitely seems they've come up with another winner. Standouts on first listen are the opening track "Soldier's Grin", "Fine Young Cannibals", "Great Estates" and "California Dreamer".

Can't wait to catch them later this summer, as their songs always seem to develop as they play them live.

Edited by Guest

I like it but I'm not totally sold on it yet (have had about 6 or 7 listens over the past couple weeks). Spencer Krug's songs sound like Sunset Rubdown throwaways, which isn't saying much at all. Dan's songs are great. Of course it will be impossible for them to beat the last album.

Will be interesting to see how it plays live, you're right about that.

• 3 months later...

I am currently loving this album!! Anyone else on a Zoomer kick? I think it's better than Queen Mary. And in terms of new releases by bands I dig, better than the new Hold Steady.

Caught Wolf Parade almost by accident on a recent trip to Quebec City, they were putting on a free show as part of the ongoing 400th anniversary festivities. Great, great show. I would love to see them again soon.

Yeah man, that was a good show! It was worth reading all the tourist brochures to find out this was going on! Loved the venue (just a large tent by the old port). They also served the Unibroue beer created for the 400th anniversary of the city, and served it in the big bottle also:

2lxge8w.jpg

Mike and Sharon, you can buy this in Gatineau stores too...I gottta buy some this weekend!