www.pskensington.ca

www.streetsareforpeople.org

Time and Place Date: Sunday, May 25, 2008

Time: 1:00pm - 7:00pm

City/Town: Toronto, ON

Contact Info Phone: 4169294900

Email: info@streetsareforpeople.org

Description

Get outdoors and join us for our first Pedestrian Sunday of the year where the streets will be swarmed with smiles, buzzing with activity, and bursting with life. Bring the kids for the opening of our giant pinata. Come welcome the return of the Garden Car! And don't miss a flirty swing around the Maypole!

The day's roster includes:

2:00 - 7:00 House of David Gang at Denison Park (Denison & Augusta) www.myspace.com/houseofdavidgang

2:00 - 3:00 Kensington Catwalk Fashion Contest on Kensington Avenue. Create your outfit using 'Kensington Bucks' at local shops, and show off your creation at the:

3:00 Fashion Show with Can-Can Girls! Bring your cameras!

3:00 - 6:00 Graffiti's Matinee with The Royal Crowns

3:30 Giant Pinata at Augusta and Baldwin

5:00 Historic Parade - Join a musical procession of the Market's living history. Meet the people that give it its character. Starting from Bellevue Square Park and heading through the Market.

Evening (on North Augusta):

7:00 Guh with their sweet and swingin' melodies

8:00 Maypole!

This event was amazing! The visual stimulations were almost overwhelming, so much going on. Tons of great music everywhere, drums, artists, performers, sexy people, great food, etc. Jay, I made it down to see HODG but you guys were on an extended break.. 4-5pm or so.

I was in Kensington Market late yesterday evening. I wouldn't call what I heard on the street and especially in the park "great music": a bunch of drum circles, a couple of busker-type bands wailing away endlessly on a two-chord beat. Still, it seemed like a good time for the tie-dyes and dreded folk.