Jambands.ca

Trey hints at Phish reunion...

Patchoulia

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me too. ya kinda have to be if you were ever serious about this whole phish ride.

i think it will be a really magical place to be.

Strongly disagree. I'd go (close or convenient). But "have to". nope. Not until there was something to suggest it was more than a reunion. ie. more than a money grab. ie. they were actually going to play, and play well.

After watching people pass out up front at the Alladin for Trey in the first Vegoose (and thanks for the awesome seats Basher), I realize that you can't always go back. (and don't get me started on post-hiatus phish). (lots of brackets in this paragraph - but I should say Trey with Phil Vegoose the next year was not a sleeper at all)

But hopefully they come back. Hopefully it sounds good. Hopefully I can get some headie dank beers and balloons from a kind vegan brother bear.

Well, I don't usually pipe up on these threads that show up every once in a while but.....

I consider REALLY lucky to have caught Phish when I did; first show was The Great Went and last show was Big Cypress. I relate all my Phish experiences to a very unique and special time in my life. Coming from where I did (smalltown Canada) it was like a pilgrimage to go see shows and when I was not at a show and ran into someone else who was into the band, it was a special bond that could be shared, a nudge, a wink, a "they get it too".

Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to take anything away from anyone else!!! But after listening to some "post-hiatus" shows and seeing some DVDs like IT and Live in Brooklyn....I am very happy to leave my memories of seeing Phish intact as they are. I don't think the magic that happened for me in 97-98-99 can ever be recreated...

Live in the NOW Punky, live in the NOW!!

I would not try to recreate anything, but to simply create new experiences. As hard as it is not to remember how it 'used to be' and compare i'd still have an amazing time and maybe even cry a little ;)

After a recent rewatching of the Phish 'Live in Las Vegas' DVD I was reminded of how important Phish is/was to me musically and if they got back together I would be more than happy. For those of us that were lucky enough to see them pre-haitus thats great but that was almost a decade ago and personally I'm ready for a revisit. In my opinion there isn't a band that has even come close to scratching the surface as far as musical originality, experimentation and overall impact in the sense that Phish did for the so-called jambands since then. Just their existence makes music better. But as usual and especially on this topic, I am very biased.

Jay, I agree 100%. Obviously, to each his own, but I have not found anything that can stand up to the feeling I got being at a Phish show.

I certainly enjoy other bands, but "that feeling" started and ended with Phish. Here's hoping it starts again...

Jay, I agree 100%. Obviously, to each his own, but I have not found anything that can stand up to the feeling I got being at a Phish show.

I certainly enjoy other bands, but "that feeling" started and ended with Phish. Here's hoping it starts again...

Have to call this out a bit. "that feeling started and ended with phish". I watched Trey's little acceptance speach at the Jammys about being the centre of something bigger blah blah blah.

All I could think of was them being at the centre of the right time in the right place. That feeling started and ended with the Dead! It was Jerry! It was the leftovers. It was the people who had already dropped out of school/society for fall '95 dead and had no where to go. I was at the fall '95 phish shows. It was all dead heads on tour. Before that there was no seperation between phish and any of the other college tour horde grad bands.

It was fun. It might be fun again. But the "special" was leftover Jerry.

Hell, wasn't phish's biggest bust out after 1995 when they did Terrapin?