Jambands.ca

Trey hints at Phish reunion...

Patchoulia

I would have a hard time believing that a huge percentage of the people who were on tour from, say '93-'95 were still around in '03-'04.

agreed but im not sure i'd frame it the same way you did. i was "still around" and just as into them in '03-'04 going to only a few shows here and there as I was in '93-'95 when we'd do entire tours and 20 shows a year. perhaps the nicer thing about later years was that we could afford better places to stay and eat and our rides were more comfortable ... although, to be fair, at over 300,000km following the Dead and Phish in our old Tempo - it was one of the best rides ever!

i just think its important to show some support for the guys when they do come back. whether they are bad shows, good shows, or epic, it will feel a bit like being home again for a lot of us, i think. i always felt that way at Phish shows.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I heard Rothbury ticket sales are not going as well as anticipated. Queue this article from the Detroit news. As if.

Phish could reunite at Rothbury music fest

Adam Graham / Detroit News Pop Music Writer

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ex-Phish frontman Trey Anastasio has been added to the lineup of West Michigan's Rothbury Festival, July 3-6 at the Double JJ Ranch in Rothbury, Mich., festival organizers announced today.

The addition of Anastasio comes just days after the 43-year-old singer and guitarist hinted at the possibility of a Phish reunion to Rolling Stone. Phish, the hugely successful jam band Anastasio fronted for more than 20 years, broke up in 2004.

Here's the nifty thing: Two of the other three members of Phish are already on the Rothbury bill. Bassist Mike Gordon is listed as a solo act, and drummer Jon Fishman is playing with Colorado bluegrass foursome Yonder Mountain Spring Band. That leaves only keyboardist Page McConnell out of the loop.

News of Anastasio's involvement in Rothbury immediately had Internet message boards buzzing about the possibility of a Phish reunion at the fest.

Fan Jason Nummer, 30, of Warren is attending Rothbury and is "hoping" for a Phish reunion of some kind, even if it's just a few songs. "It would really put (Rothbury) on the map," he said.

In an interview last week with Rolling Stone, Anastasio said, "When Phish broke up, I made some comment about how I'm not gonna go around playing 'You Enjoy Myself' for the rest of my life. And it's so funny because (Fishman) and (Gordon) and (McConnell) have been talking to each other a lot lately and now -- it's not that I can't believe that I said that, but its symbolic of how much I lost my mind or how much I lost my bearings or something. Because at this point in time I would give (anything) to play that song five times in a row every day until I die."

The inaugural Rothbury festival will feature more than 70 acts, including Dave Matthews Band, Modest Mouse, Snoop Dogg and more. Organizers are expecting to draw 50,000 fans to the festival, which features on-site camping and has an environmentally friendly "green" theme.

Tickets and information are available at www.rothburyfestival.com.

You can reach Adam Graham at (313) 222-2284 or agraham@detnews.com.

but dont these rumours come up every summer?

You obviously pay enough attention Hal because the answer is "yes". The only difference to me is that Rolling Stone got Trey's latest quote. Look at this one from around the same time last year, although I cant recall who he gave it to.

"When Phish plays our first show back, I will be the happiest person in the room."

Funny that in the original quote he talks about how the other three have been talking to each other, but makes no mention of talking to any of them himself.

On another note, I just noticed how the quote from the Detroit News substituted (anything) for "my left nut." Hilarious.