Jambands.ca

Where to buy tires in Ottawa

AD

I need new tires for my car. Where in Ottawa would you recommend I go (Canadian Tire is not an option as I do not trust them or their workmanship or their automotive products due to numerous problems I've had with them in the past).

I’ve previously bought from Hunt Club VW as they have good deals on quality tires (Pirelli), but am hoping to find the same quality at a cheaper price. Ideally balancing and an alignment would be cheap at the same place where I buy the tires. They need to be good quality (IE I’m hoping they’ll last 3 or 4 years).

Any tips?

Edited by Guest
crappy tire clarification

Even tires at canadian tire should last 3-4 years with regular rotation and proper alignment. I wouldn't say that they are crap there. There are usually some good deals. Why do you think that they are crap?

Currently, I get all my tire shit done at Pneus Lavoie in Hull. They do tire storage as well. They may sell the tires that you're looking for.

http://www.pneuslavoie.com/anglais/index.htm

Every reputable sales or service centre will stand by their guarantee / warranty / estimate 100% - that's the point in offering it. One of my issues with Crappy Tire is that they haven't respected that guarantee in the past with service they performed on my car.

Anyways, they aren't going to get my money anymore.

Thanks for the tire tip Dave-o, I'll look into Costco as well.

Not sure what you're driving AD but you should be getting more than 3-4 years out of your tires in most cases. My Corolla's tires are about ready for a change but they're also 7 years old.

Anyway have you checked out Frisby Tire Co at Preston and Somerset? Very unlikely that they'd be the cheapest option but they have a good selection and they probably do good work (though I don't have direct experience with them). There's also an Active Green and Ross on Bank Street South near Rideau bakery.

It's not about age, it's about kms. A good set of Michelin or Goodyear all-seasons will be rated for 100 - 120,000 kms but most drivers will only get 80-90,000 kms before treads are worn.

7 year old tires, wow! You must not have done much road tripping!!

AD - Deals 4 Wheels, 1843 Merivale Road, 613-226-5500. I've had good experiences with Tirecraft too, it's a franchise but each location is independently owned and operated, so no idea what the Ottawa location will be like.

Thanks Dave-O, I will give them a call.

Yes, I do a ton of driving and put a lot of kms on my tires, much more than the average driver I’d assume. There is no way I could get 7 years out of tires - I've been through 2 sets of tires in that time! :)