Jambands.ca

A Wii for $0.71 - Holy Cow!

Ms.Huxtable

My husband just won a Nintendo Wii for only $0.71.

For real, no conditions, no shipping, no guff.

Some of you may have noticed the Unique Auctions banner on the left side of the Sanctuary. I wasn't too sure about it, but holy cow, it's for real! It's more of a game I guess then an auction, but you can indeed win.

Now I'm gonna signing up.

A Wii for $0.71 makes me giggle. Tell me that's not cool.

For free you get 5 bids on any auction but if you bid within the first 20% of the alotted auction time, you get only 1 bid and then you have to wait for that time to pass before you bid again on that auction.

Same goes for Platinum members, but they get 2 bids initially and then their number of bids is equated from 10% of the total retail value of the item UP TO 100 bids.

This is the message you get if you've bid during the first 20%

You have already placed the maximum allowed bids for the initial 20% of auction time

As a Basic Members you are allowed to place 1 Free bid during the initial 20% of total bidding time (ie End time - Start Time). After this restricted time you are allowed to place 4 more Free bids. You can upgrade membership to get place more Free bids.

$42

It has to be a scam. Just keep bidding for free, win some stuff and then resell it on ebay for 800% profit. What's the shipping and handling like?

Actually, are you thinking of selling it? Steph's niece wants one and is 10 years old. Her mom made her save the money, yup, $280 or something like that and she actually has come damn close to it, I know she has almost $200 and I've been looking around to see if I could find one for that price or less that isn't used since as far as I'm concerned, any 10 year old that can save that much should get her damn prize (her parents aren't all that favorable to video games I think, or they're really good at teaching a valuable lesson I wish I would have had to learn...).

Anyway, if you're looking to sell it, pm me and name a price but preferably lower than $200.

Edited by Guest

it is being shipped, and as far as I know, I have no shipping cost yet. I have a wii so it is for sale (if it is for real). I'll take pics when it comes in.

good job on pulling in a "10 year old girl that has saved all of her hard earned paper route money" tactic. That's pretty good.

This is all sorts of self-referential-meta. The auction site advertises on the hippie site, resulting in head hippie participating in an auction on the auction-advertiser, spilling out to an extended auction for same auctionable good on the initial advertiser site which becomes a covert ad feeding into the auction site all over again. Man, how cool is the web? :)

Congrats on the win, Bouche, that's awesome. Hope you get the goods.

I really didn't mean to imply anything nefarious, I just sincerely meant 'Man, how cool is the web?' :) I love how the auction closed there and re-opened here (the source of its starting there) despite itself.

This whole thread is just like a giant, pleasurable, brain-fuck. That's all.

i understand, but I you made an observation that deserves some explanation. Google ads aren't paying what they used to these days so I need to experiment with other non-invasive yet possibly useful methods of advertising. Affiliate linking is a possibility, but if you need to load up a site with affiliates to make it worthwhile, it is probably too much.

• 1 month later...

I got a really nice pair of sunglasses and a watch off of another google ad on this site at www.bidz.com

Total cost for a pair of shades= $24 (retail for about $198)

Total cost for a Fender watch= $32 (retail for about $105)

The shipping costs to Canada get ya, but I am going to start having stuff shipped to my brother in Connecticut as he is visiting on Labour Day and can bring up to $750 in duty free on his T1 Work Visa allowance........

So when I got wise to that, I got a pair of Fender cufflinks and a Fender money clip for a total of $14 shipped to CT.

It really works!

Sean