Jambands.ca

Aerial pictures of an 'uncontacted' tribe

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Scientists flew over the deep Amazon in Brazil to prove that there are still uncontacted tribes who live in the Amazon as a argument to halt the dubious logging practices which threaten these tribes.

_44701421_pixw.jpg

Article

More Pics

They look a little scared, but I guess logging would be worse.

I love the orange, but you'd think that you would want to blend in. I wonder if the "warriors" paint themselves orange to divert the attention of predators from the elders, children and women?

u think it's orange body paint? i just figured they took tanning pills in anticipation of hot babe anthropologists arriving someday.

Or they're cannibals, and the colour is due to some kind of Tandoori-like coating.

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

It's interesting that even though they are 'uncontacted' that they have developed the same primitive bow and arrow weapon as seen everywhere else.

It's interesting that even though they are 'uncontacted' that they have developed the same primitive bow and arrow weapon as seen everywhere else.

A lot of technology & tools like this can be traced back tens of thousands of years. Scientists are starting to realize that humans moved around alot more than we assumed and likely stole or traded tools & ideas as they went.

you're getting very very sleepy and now you don't remember there are people in the rainforest, and you also now have a conscience and don't want to chop it down

wishful thinking... more likely:

Survivor 37: Amazonian Awakening - tune in to catch eight superficial self-absorbed americans introduce the wonders of modern society to savages who've been tragically left behind because of over-forestation... the most persuasive Survivor will gain entitlement to the very tract of land used on location with all geological, mineral, pharmaceutical and logging rights... could there be oil in those peaceful shaded hills?