Jambands.ca

Happy hour????

Ol'Hickster

Okay htis has been buggin me since I moved here but What the heck is up with Ontario? Since I moved here I havent seen or heard of anythign happy hour at all and some people dont even know what happy hour is. Is something up, will someone help me out?

I remember hearing (years ago, so it might be different now) that licensed establishments, under the rules set out by the Ontario government, couldn't vary their prices over time. You can offer specials on food at certain times, but not alcohol.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

I found

http://archives.cbc.ca/on_this_day/12/12/

at the CBC archives.

Broadcast Date: Dec. 12, 1984

Last call for cheap drinks! Ontario drinkers have one less thing to toast today after the provincial government announces that it will eliminate happy hour. That's the practice of offering half-price alcoholic beverages in the late afternoon and early evening. The government says it puts too many drunks on the highways, but some Ontarians are unhappy about the move.

In this clip from CBC Television, drinkers, bar owners and police discuss the ground-breaking announcement.

Aloha,

Brad

We went to a pretty sweet happy hour in Rochester before a Ween show. We got there and ordered the happy hour two-beers for one special and instead of one full pint we got two watered down half-pints... soooooooooo sweet... American deals rule!!!!!!!1

Should that be purple?