Jambands.ca

Adambrot @ the Manx: June 9th

adambrot

Hi All

I'm coming out of lurkdom to invite you to a musical gig I'll be giving at the Manx Pub on Elgin St. this coming Monday evening (the 9th).

I'll be playing several different sets of different kinds of music accompanied by Mike Sasso (guitar, vocals), Greg Brown (violin, vocals), Martha Cooper (banjo, vocals) and Johnnie Gillies (sax, vocals).

Over the course of the evening we'll play some old-time Appalachian tunes, some cowboy songs, Irish fiddle tunes, as well as some 80s lost b-sides, classic favorites and contemporary arrangements. Yes it will be a varied evening of music and we'll draw from the repertoire of the Grateful Dead, The Carter Family, Phish, Radiohead and Duran Duran. You'll never know what to expect but it will be fun and sound great (hopefully!).

I hope to meet some of you skanks there or to see some familiar faces again.

cheers

adambrot

Facebook Page

n811330290_3079100_749.jpg

Thanks for the reminder, Brad. Yeah, I think I'll make it out to the Manx for a few. Your not going to try to record in that tiny little bar, are you?

Yup, I'm going to try. I won't be using the big rig (with the big mics and the big stand, which I doubt I could safely set up at The Manx), but I'll bring a small one and see what I can get.

Aloha,

Brad

no, it's the manx

Thanks, that's what I figured, but I've never been to a show there. (In fact, it's been a couple of years since I went there at all. Are there any interesting draft beer choices?)

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest
"Beer" has an "n" rather than an "r". Thanks, ollie.

(In fact' date=' it's been a couple of years since I went there at all. Are there any interesting draft been choices?)[/quote']

Is that kind of like a has been?

No, that's kind of like bradm making a typo. In fact, it's exactly like bradm making a typo.

Aloha,

Brad

re beer selection - they have Beau's on tap, which I quite like. lots of mixed reviews on that one though.

Do you mean the Lug Tread ale (which I also like)? (Beau's also has others, like Bog Water [a darker one, I think], but I haven't seen them on tap anywhere yet.)

Aloha,

Brad