Jambands.ca

primus is the worst

phorbesie

not the band :P

i switched from bell to primus 2 months ago and have had nothing but problems. people complain about bell...but i feel like a fool for having switched. my internet and phone line have both been totally fucked for the past 2 months (never had any trouble with either before). countless hours of phone "help" which never helps a damn thing, and i gotta get out.

so should i crawl back to bell or attempt rogers next?

Wynona's got herself a big brown beaver

and she shows it off to all her friends.

One day, you know, that beaver tried to leave her,

So she caged him up with cyclone fence.

Along came Lou with the old baboon

And said "Recognize that smell?"

"Smells like seven layers,

That beaver eats Taco Bell."

Now Rex he was a Texan out of New Orleans

And he travelled with the carnival shows.

He ran bumper cars, sucked cheap cigars

And he candied up his nose.

He got wind of the big brown beaver

So he though he'd take himself a peek,

But the beaver was quick

And grabbed him by the kiwis.

Now he ain't pissed for a week.

(And a half!)

Now Wynona took her big brown beaver,

And she stuck him up in the air.

Said "I sure do love this big brown beaver

And I wish I did have a pair."

Now the beaver onces slept for seven days

And it gave us all an awful fright.

So I tickled his chin and I gave him a pinch

And the bastard tried to bite me.

Wynona loved her big brown beaver

And she stroked him all the time.

She pricked her finger one day and it

Occurred to her she might have a porcupine.

Wow we've never had any issues with Primus other than a few temporary phone issues that were resolved very quickly and they don't throttle any downloads. I hate Bell and Rogers.

The customer service is most certainly patience trying though.

same as gateaux... i've had primus [initially magma] internet since i moved to ottawa and the service has generally been great. they even called us to tell us to stop downloading from somewhere b/c we were going to get in trouble from the site.

we decided to switch our phone over when we moved in march and THAT was a goddamn nightmare. and i am not exaggerating. it was a good month until everything was working and normal.

now everything is fine but, lordy.

Use this as leverage for a deal. Call the others, tell them you want to speak to someone in their retention dept and that you are considering coming back if you get a good deal..... They'll throw free stuff at you like crazy. I got my PVR with an upgraded cable pack for the same price as my old standard cable no PVR,for 2 years by using this method.

I've not had any major issues with Primus except for playing the loyalty trick...

I said to the manager, "what are you willing to do to keep me as a Primus customer?"

Her response, "You're more than welcome to go to another telephone provider sir."

I couldn't believe it...

One trick...if you are having trouble talking to someone in India (language barrier, I have a short fuse) call back, and go into the french queue.

Use this as leverage for a deal. Call the others, tell them you want to speak to someone in their retention dept and that you are considering coming back if you get a good deal..... They'll throw free stuff at you like crazy. I got my PVR with an upgraded cable pack for the same price as my old standard cable no PVR,for 2 years by using this method.

I tried that at Rogers, all they would offer me is a PVR for $12 a month.

I said nevermind, they said goodbye

Yup. Reliable ISP for Vonage is a must. However, they have a great backup system. If for any reason your ISP or power go down, you program your account to forward the call to any phone number you choose (like your cell). You miss nothing.

I've been off the Bell 'grid' for 4 years now and am surviving just fine and saved a TON! Take a look at all the features that are free as well:

http://www.vonage.com/features.php

Vonage VoIP Internet Phone Features & Benefits

One low price. Lots of great features. That's Vonage!

Tired of paying extra for basic features like call waiting, caller ID, and call forwarding? Well, Vonage offers these features, and more than 25 other internet phone features at no extra cost! Plus, we offer the added convenience of managing your preferences for these features online! See how Vonage matches up against the competition.

Included Features

* Caller ID with Name

* Call Waiting

* Voicemail Plus®

* Call Transfer

* Enhanced Call Forwarding

* 3-Way Calling

* Caller ID Block

* Call Return

* Do Not Disturb

* Anonymous Call Block

* Repeat Dialing

* International & Directory Assistance Block

* Call Hunt

* Ring Lists

* Vonage Access

* Bandwidth Saver®

* Network Availability Number®

* Click-2-Call®

* Vonage Online Account

* 211 Dialing

* 311 Dialing

* 411 Enhanced Dialing

* 511 Traveler Information

* 811 Dialing

* 1-700-WEATHER

* 1-700-GREETINGS

same as gateaux... i've had primus [initially magma] internet since i moved to ottawa and the service has generally been great. they even called us to tell us to stop downloading from somewhere b/c we were going to get in trouble from the site.

I'm with Magma too. I think they still run their own accounts independently, hence the good service.

My phone is still with Ma Bell though and I can't see ever switching.

Yup. Reliable ISP for Vonage is a must.
my internet and phone line have both been totally fucked for the past 2 months

No shit Sherlock. Both services are fucked, so get both services replaced.

VOIP is a much better deal when NOT provided by Bell/Rogers/Cogeco/etc. since their pricing/services have some sort of pricing limitation. Just compare.