Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo talk

DevO

Schedule was just changed - the big change is Kanye West is now late night on the What Stage - the first late night set on that stage. The change was necessary so Kanye could present his Glow in the Dark tour (which, if according to all reviews I've read, is visually absolutely stunning)

Schedule was just changed - the big change is Kanye West is now late night on the What Stage - the first late night set on that stage. The change was necessary so Kanye could present his Glow in the Dark tour (which, if according to all reviews I've read, is visually absolutely stunning)

That set sounds coool.. But its competing with Phil & Friends, Sigur Ros, and I think Chromeo.

Actually a few of the other schedule changes worked out for the better. Israel Vibes got switched to Sunday. Somehow I can now manage to squeeze in BSS on the sonic stage.

I am getting pretty damn excited!!! When are you heading down AD? My crew is driving to Chicago tomorrow night to pick up 1 more passenger, then hanging out in Chicago on Wednesday, and leaving Chicago around Midnight to head straight to Manchester. As for our exit, we've got a hotel room booked in Nashville on Sunday night so we can bathe and sleep semi-comfortably before truckin home on Monday.

shouldn't Bouche be off seeing oldy pants Phil Douche and his noodling ass, rehashing the same shit but crappier, can't fucking sing for shit, worst incarnation of his Friends band ever with a bunch of talentless nobodies but blind hippies still think its epic because that scum bag from Farticle put in some spacey noices during an ambient jam?????

shouldn't Bouche be off seeing oldy pants Phil Douche and his noodling ass, rehashing the same shit but crappier, can't fucking sing for shit, worst incarnation of his Friends band ever with a bunch of talentless nobodies but blind hippies still think its epic because that scum bag from Farticle put in some spacey noices during an ambient jam?????

i think you're referring to the wrong bouche.

Just looking at the schedule for Bonnaroo, and there are some serious decisions to be made with artists show times overlapping on different stages. Some are not as difficult as others. What would you do in these situations??

1)

- Les Claypool vs.

- The Swell Season vs.

- Bluegrass Allstars (Bela Fleck, Edgar Meyer, Jerry Douglas, Sam Bush, etc)

I think I'll be going with the Bluegrass Allstars, but its still a bummer to have to miss the first two.

2)

Willie Nelson vs.

MIA

Both shows have huge appeal, in very different ways. What is Willie like live? To be honest, I am not hugely familiar with his catalogue but would feel bad to miss him. As for MIA, I've got a lot of friends who rave about her live show all the time.

3)

- Battles vs.

- K'Naan

Any thoughts?

4)

- Little Feat vs.

- Gogol Bordello

5)

- Phil & Friends vs.

- Sigur Ros vs.

- Chromeo / Ghostland Observatory

Phil has a 4-hour late night set but Sigur Ros' 2 hour set is jammed in between there. I'm obviously going to see Phil, but Sigur Ros is a hard one to turn down for me, so I'll probably do some of both.

6)

- Orchestra Baobab vs.

- Robert Randolph's Revival vs.

- Ladytron

I'll be going to see Orchestra Baobab.

7)

- Robert Plant & Allison Krauss vs.

- Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi vs.

- Broken Social Scene

That's it. Decisions decisions!

Interesting dilemmas to be sure.

Here is my tentative schedule for bonnaroo 2008.

Friday June 13, 2008

1. Drive-By Truckers 12:30-1:45

2. Umphrey's McGee 2:15-2:45

3. Stephen Marley 2:45-3:45

4. Bluegrass Allstars ft. Luke Bulla, Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Bela Fleck, Edgar Meyer & Bryan Sutton 3:45-5:00

5. The Raconteurs 5:00-6:30

6. Willie Nelson 6:30-7:45

7. Chris Rock 7:45-8:45

8. Metallica 9:00-11:30

9. My Morning Jacket 12:00-3:00

Saturday June 14

10. The Wood Brotehrs ft. John Medeski & Kenny Wolleson 12:00-1:00

11. Mason Jennings 1:30 2:15

12. Abigail Washburn & the Sparrow Quartet ft. Bela Fleck 2:45-4:00

13. Cat Power 4:30-5:30

14. B.B. King 5:30-6:30

15. Levon Helm and the Ramble on the Road 6:30-8:30

16. Jack Johnson 8:30-9:30

17. Pearl Jam 10:15-12:15

18. Sigor Ros 1:00-2:45

19. Kanye West 2:45-4:15

Sunday June 15

20. Israel Vibrations 1:00-1:30

21. Serena Ryder 1:30-2:15

22. Broken Social Scene 2:15-2:45

23. Jakob Dylan and the Gold Mountain Rebels 3:00-4:15

24. Solomon Burke 4:45-6:15

25. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss ft. T Bone Burnett 6:15-7:45

26. Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi's Soul Stew Revival 7:45-8:30

27. Widespread Panic 8:45-?

I'm looking forward to yet another fun filled weekend of music in Manchester, Tennessee.

Peace,

Tim

For quandry #7, I would have to say Robert Plant & Allison Krauss. Since this is probably a one-off tour, the likelihood of being able to see them again is much lower than the likelihood of seeing Derek Trucks or Broken Social Scene in the future.

Agreed Mr. Hamilton,

You were always so smart.

Tim