Jambands.ca

Jamie Lidell- Ottawa Show

Northern Wish

What a show this was, and I wanted to relay to anyone who clicked in that this is not to be missed next time. He opened with Another Day off of the new Jim, went through about 4 or 5 of his signature funk numbers and then busted right down to him on the decks and a sax player. I think there were 7 in the band, Jamie was nufunks version of Jim James all over the stage, mic, decks, even wearing a television with spinning records on his head at one point. He had played for nearly two hours once the 3! encores were done which was nice, even if the show ended at 12:00.

It was a little on the pricey side at $25, I would have almost paid double and been completely satisfied. His merch prices were awesome though so that made up for it ($10 cds, $12 vinyl, $15 shirts).

If anyone likes funk and soul in a motown kinda way, Jamie is adding something new to the mixture: and it is some tasty.

S

Yeah I got to hang out on the bus for a bit (like 10 minutes) after too. He was a really humble guy, signed my cd, and puffed a bowl with me before they sang me happy bday.

To add: Touring is way more glamorous from outside the bus when the bands get bigger. They had 8 people travelling in a nice tour bus, that looked beautiful and posh from the outside (like most of them do) but inside it was a disaster, smelled like ass; and didn't have room for my small ass to sit anywhere.

Yeah I got to hang out on the bus for a bit (like 10 minutes) after too. He was a really humble guy, signed my cd, and puffed a bowl with me before they sang me happy bday.

To add: Touring is way more glamorous from outside the bus when the bands get bigger. They had 8 people travelling in a nice tour bus, that looked beautiful and posh from the outside (like most of them do) but inside it was a disaster, smelled like ass; and didn't have room for my small ass to sit anywhere.

Holy fuck - that's awesome!

very jealous :)