Jambands.ca

lawyers: can I sue Bell for harassment?

Blane

Seriously.

I've been getting automated calls from Bell asking us to make an apppointment for their technician to fix our internet service for over 1 year now. I cancelled my internet service with them about 6 months ago, called their customer service no less than 10 times (including being sent all the way up to their "executive service" or whatever the fuck it's called) and still the calls persist.

How the hell can I make it stop????

Edited by Guest

^^^^^^

yeah, but then they'll send you a bill and you'll be fighting THEM for a year trying to get it resolved.

Ask to speak to a superior when they call next. When you get them, demand to talk to their superior, etc. See how far up the chain you can get. Demand some sort of credit or compensation for your time and their harassment. Don't take NO for an answer. Tell them that you have taken record of everything and that the media would be very interested in the story.

Good luck ... stick it to 'em. Time to throttle them, since they throttle all of their customers.

Tungsten, I've tried that but the number just takes me to the 310-surf beginning of the message banks now.

kk, i've done that. I've been to the absolute top of the customer service pyramid (the one where you have your own CSR with a direct access line, etc.) and they've done nothing. They say they can't figure out what part of bell the calls are coming from!!! Unfortunately I left for 3 months and lost the number over that time (as the calls continued here), so now I"m back at square one and totally not interested in going through the process again. That's why I feel like backed threats are the only thing they'll answer to.

Can I join up with this sueing?

We dropped bell about a year and a half ago. We get calls every week, flyers in the mail, emails, everything, asking us to switch back. It bugs the living poop out of me. The calls come on the weekend, during the week, anytime. The mail almost bothers me the most as it's such an insult to the environment, arrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I wish there was a law against telemarketing and junk mail, it's intrusive and hurts the environment.

Now, I hear you plagued by them trying to send you a tech, that's way worse. At least we just say no, or fuck off, or something on those lines and they hang up the phone but they've never gone so far as to want to "fix" our bell shit.

I hate bell.

I wish there was a law against telemarketing and junk mail, it's intrusive and hurts the environment.

I believe the law says that they cannot contact you until 6 months after you cancel their service. We get junk mail, but they're not calling us. We've got Vonage, so maybe that's a shield of some sort.

You whiners are starting to sound like americans. Sue Sue Sue!!!

Yeah, we get relentless Bell flyers in out mailbox every week. I'm so sick of those fucking beavers. Rogers bugs me a little more though. They blanket our area with flyers and Rogers cable/internet/voip is NOT even available in our area!!!! Talk about waste. Don't let them ever try to sell that they are "green".

i was harrassed by a telemarketer a few years ago. they kept calling, trying to get us to sign up with rogers digital tv, internet, etc. everytime they called i would ask to speak with a supervisor and I would say im not interested, take me off the call list and do not call me again.

it continued.

i called rogers (i know people) and pulled some strings. shockingly, an hour later, the president of the telemarketing company actually called me personally and left a message apologizing and saying it would not happen again. he also included his own direct line, cellphone and home phone numbers and said to call if i ever had a problem.

the calls never happened again.

helps to know people. sucks to have to know people to get them to do what's decent.

the president of the telemarketing company actually called me personally and left a message apologizing and saying it would not happen again. he also included his own direct line, cellphone and home phone numbers and said to call if i ever had a problem.

Post that number and let's sign him up for some shit. Payback is a bitch!

I have always had excellent service with Bell.I would never ever change to another company.

My neighbor had a problem with her phone and called them yesterday.They were there early this morning and fixed the problem.

It was a broken wire in the jack downstairs.

You need wirecare to have Bell fix anything inside your home though or you'd pay...