Jambands.ca

MMJ - NYE - MSG - NYC

Basher

Yeah, I've always understood "An Evening With" to mean it's a one-band thing. Besides, if they were relying on heavy-hitting support I would think they would want that in place and promoted as soon as the show was announced.

I am wondering if anyone knows how this stuff is booked? I often think the opposite, that you announce your show, see how sales are going and then spend accordingly on your opening act. Of course this does not go for everyone, but it would make sense for some bands to pick up local support (like the Crowes nabbing Matt Mays for shows) when your sales are not guaranteed. But again I have no idea.......

I got that email and seriously started considering my first NYE trip in many years. Actually, I haven't done anything ever.

I am hurt darling. Every year since I've met you we've celebrated with either nero or BNB (except for last year when it was notably low key but still very, very enjoyable if you recall.)

Yeah' date=' I've always understood "An Evening With" to mean it's a one-band thing. Besides, if they were relying on heavy-hitting support I would think they would want that in place and promoted as soon as the show was announced.[/quote']

I am wondering if anyone knows how this stuff is booked? I often think the opposite, that you announce your show, see how sales are going and then spend accordingly on your opening act. Of course this does not go for everyone, but it would make sense for some bands to pick up local support (like the Crowes nabbing Matt Mays for shows) when your sales are not guaranteed. But again I have no idea.......

I am just thinking back to every time I've seen a show or tour billed as "An Evening With..."; they have always been one band events. Maybe I'm just being too nit-picky about three words, but it was my understanding that they are used deliberately. Plus, I would think that any band that would be leverage for ticket sales would be announced early. If we're talking about whether or not they're going to add on a small potatoes opener closer to the date of the show, then it really doesn't have any bearing on the idea of whether or not they are big enough to fill the Garden. I would think that if they want another band to add weight to the bill, they would have that in place as early as possible.