Jambands.ca

Jerry Day, August 1st 2008 What is Up?

kc

Does anyone care anymore? Should I put this to rest

and forget about it?

Rose Garland can't do it. Caution Jam has not gotten back to me. Fatiies are out, Diesel dog is out,

Jerry himself would probably dread the thought of a day do celebrate him.

Last year during the week there was like 3 people out.

I'm not going to have anything if it's going to be a small turn-out. too depressing.

thoughts?

It should probably be bands who are from hamilton or people here are at least familiar with in Hamilton.

Nothing against booking them except if they don't have a draw in the Hammer, then no one will come, and that would not be fun for anyone, especially since it's a long weekend.

Never the less, I will check them out.

Do they do Dead/Garcia covers?

If you got links and the time to send them, please do.

Thanks for the input.

I haven't seen a jerry day since at pepper jacks. And that was loads of fun btw. No one does them in Ottawa. Maybe there just isn't enough people that are willing to take that day as the celebration they used to. Either that, or Jerry day needs a spin.

There is absolutly no chance I will do a Jerry day thing.NONE.Sorry afropoppa!!

You could talk to Jd's and Justine the manager(or just go hrough jayr on here).They have booked all the bands mentioned above over the summer (with the exception of Escalate);

Sling N The Stone

Must Stash Hat

Harmonic Tide

Funky Truth

Escalate

Although supportive of those bands doing their thing (all of them, with the exception of Sling N the Stone, are playing Sonic Orchard), those kinds of one genre shows aren't my thing.

In a broader sense,I don't enjoy the nostalgia vibe that sometimes seems to choke this "scene" (god I hate that word).Music moves on swift and beautiful from dead people and bands of people you grew up with.

I'm a pretty unsentimental person in general though, being a souless bastard about 20% of the time.

nobody in Hamilton has heard of the Burt Neilson Band? that'd work for me

sitting around listening to recorded shows drinking beer doesn't really feel like a tribute to Jerry to me... something original, and with luck suprising and exciting would be more along the lines I look for by way of a tribute to the man... too predictable... cover the bar in orange paper you can see from 5 blocks away, a mirror smashing contest, disco lights and lasers or professional dancers... something involving creativity... musically I don't care if its all Grateful Dead so long as its somewhat spontaneous and full of life... Jerry liked all sorts of music

of course some select tasteful or rare Garcia recordings mixed into a grander scheme to keep on topic wouldn't be bad or anything

otherwise I'm with New Rider =)

There is absolutly no chance I will do a Jerry day thing.NONE.Sorry afropoppa!!

You could talk to Jd's and Justine the manager(or just go hrough jayr on here).They have booked all the bands mentioned above over the summer (with the exception of Escalate);

Sling N The Stone

Must Stash Hat

Harmonic Tide

Funky Truth

Escalate

Although supportive of those bands doing their thing (all of them, with the exception of Sling N the Stone, are playing Sonic Orchard), those kinds of one genre shows aren't my thing.

In a broader sense,I don't enjoy the nostalgia vibe that sometimes seems to choke this "scene" (god I hate that word).Music moves on swift and beautiful from dead people and bands of people you grew up with.

I'm a pretty unsentimental person in general though, being a souless bastard about 20% of the time.

Wait - does that mean those bands play dead? I should check them out then!

• 4 weeks later...
August 1st at Pepper Jack's. We have The Gratefully Deadicated Soundsystem playing. Live shows and video, no cover. Patio or Dance-floor, take your pick.

Nice!!! I bumped into Rory at the fantastic Phil and Levon show in Rochester last weekend. He had just gotten MARRIED the day before!!!! Congrats Rory :)