Jambands.ca

some unfortunate DMB news (for those who care)

MarcO

An Important Announcement From DMB

06/30/2008

LeRoi Moore was injured today in an ATV accident on his farm outside Charlottesville, Virginia. LeRoi was immediately transported to the University of Virginia Health System for treatment where he remains in serious condition.

Please join us all in wishing LeRoi a speedy and complete recovery.

Beginning tomorrow in Charlotte, NC, Béla Fleck and the Flecktones saxophonist, Jeff Coffin, will be sitting in with Dave Matthews Band while LeRoi recovers.

http://www.dmband.com/news/view/921d9267971ff4f725d1fd9c00e0c302

Saw the show in Toronto a couple of weeks ago. Hey, not the all-time greatest DMB show I've seen but Leroi was on his game all night, notably so. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Tim Reynolds was awesome all night too.

• 1 month later...

Tonight I saw Bob Dylan close his set with "All Along the Watchtower" and then I came home to find out that Leroi Moore has passed away. It is not like Dylan doesn't close with "Watchtower" most nights, that said it seems fitting in retrospect that he did so tonight. Rest in peace Leroi, you will be missed.

Peace and Love,

Tim

Such a shame, and made even worse by the fact that he initially seemed to be doing alright. That said, at Rothbury when Dave mentioned Leroi's absence and said that he'd be back soon, I pointed out to my girlfriend that the look in Dave's eyes told a completely different story.

You'll be missed on stage left, big man. Rest peacefully.