Jambands.ca

Eddie Vedder coming to Massey Hall and Montreal

phorbesie

:)

summer is so busy...i hope i can squeeze this in somehow!

EDDIE VEDDER EMBARKS ON SOLO TOUR07.02.08

Eddie Vedder will embark on a month-long solo tour beginning August 1st in Boston and ending August 22nd in Chicago with select dates in Canada (full list of tour dates below).

Tickets for the general public will go on sale on Friday, July 11, 2008 through Ticketmaster.com or at Ticketmaster outlets. Tickets for the Newark, NJ show will be available through njpac.org and 888-GO-NJPAC

The base ticket price for all shows is $75 USD plus additional venue, service and handling fees. There is a four-ticket limit for the public on sale.

A special, limited ticket pre-sale for current active members of the Ten Club will begin at 9am PDT on July 7, 2008 and run through 5pm PDT on July 9, 2008 or while supplies last. Ten Club tickets are very limited and will sell out quickly. Your cooperation is appreciated. You must be an active fan club member as of July 1, 2008 to qualify for the ticket pre-sale. Ten Club tickets may be purchased online at pearljam.com with Visa or Mastercard only. There is a two-ticket limit per member for the Ten Club pre-sale. All ticket sales are final. No transfers, exchanges, or refunds.

Ten Club tickets for the Eddie Vedder solo tour will NOT be seniority based. Tickets will be held in priority locations, but seat allocation will be chosen at random.

Liam Finn will open all shows on the solo tour.

**Please note: The August 10th Montreal date is a "ticket reservation" pre-sale. The show is not confirmed. Once tickets are sold to the public for the first Montreal show, the second show may be added. If the show is added, your credit card will be charged and your tickets will be confirmed.DATE CITY VENUE PRE-SALE

Aug-01 Boston, MA Opera House Jul-07 at 9am PDT

Aug-02 Boston, MA Opera House Jul-07 at 11am PDT

Aug-04 New York, NY United Palace Theatre Jul-07 at 1pm PDT

Aug-05 New York, NY United Palace Theatre Jul-07 at 2pm PDT

Aug-07 Newark, NJ NJ Performing Arts Ctr Jul-07 at 3pm PDT

Aug-09 Montreal, QC Salle Wilfrid Place Jul-08 at 9am PDT

Aug-10 Montreal, QC Salle Wilfrid Place Jul-08 at 11am PDT

Aug-12 Toronto, ON Massey Hall Jul-08 at 1pm PDT

Aug-13 Toronto, ON Massey Hall Jul-08 at 3pm PDT

Aug-16 Washington, DC Warner Theatre Jul-09 at 9am PDT

Aug-17 Washington, DC Warner Theatre Jul-09 at 11am PDT

Aug-19 Milwaukee, WI Riverside Theatre Jul-09 at 1pm PDT

Aug-21 Chicago, IL Auditorium Theatre Jul-09 at 2pm PDT

Aug-22 Chicago, IL Auditorium Theatre Jul-09 at 3pm PDT

Edited by Guest

I caught the west coast tour opener in Vancouver last Spring. $75 may be a bit steep, but Eddy puts on one hell of an intimate+eclectic performance! I think the gig was over 2 hours.

Also, the opener is Liam Finn (son of Neil Finn, Crowded house) will leave you floored! He performs each instrument, moving from one to the other, looping the sounds with an effect pedal, a la Keller. Honestly, his performance, alone, is worth half the admission price!

Neil Young charged close to $300 for the top ticket price at Massey Hall. If he played an all acoustic show I think it would have been worth every penny. I'm excited as anything for this show. But I'm bummed about the friends first presale not being available.

Neil Young also had being Neil Young going for him.

But I should get over it. :) I'd like to see Eddie Vedder play a solo show, but that's too rich for me. So hopefully one of the shows is filmed for a $20 DVD.

up in the balcony although it still sounds good...i feel a million miles away. the person onstage is the size of an insect. i've spent 100 to see jazz legends there before a few times and felt like i didn't really get the experience from up in the clouds (balcony). maybe i'm picky.

anyway, as much as i want to go to this, i might have to miss it (financially and time wise). all shows and no worky hasn't been paying the bills so good. grrrrr. :mad:

i could probably be talked into it though ;):P

here's the setlist from Vancouver a few months ago:

Walking The Cow (Daniel Johnston cover)

Around The Bend

I Am Mine

Dead Man (from Dead Man Walking)

Setting Forth

No Ceiling

Guaranteed

Far Behind

Rise

Millworker (James Taylor cover)

Goodbye

Broken Heart

Soon Forget

Used To Work In Chicago

Drifting

Hide Your Love Away (Beatles cover)

Here's To The State (**on the Setlist in this spot, NOT played)

Trouble (Cat Stevens cover)

If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out (Cat Stevens cover)

Porch

Forever Young (Bob Dylan cover)

Encore1

Society (w/ Liam Finn)

Lukin

No More

Arc **personal highlight; Eddie sang by looping various vocal harmonies and just ripping it to shreds by milking that "Eddie" wail he does best; it got pretty intense!!

Encore2

Hard Sun (w/Liam Finn and Eliza-Jane Barnes ****with Ocean backdrop and smoke machine! Great uplifting way to end the show!!)

Songs from 1st night not played:

“Picture in a Frame†(Tom Waits cover)

“I Won’t Back Down†(Tom Petty cover)

“Growin’ Up†(Bruce Springsteen cover; Eddie made some joke by how Bruce is "The Boss" and Eddie's merely an "employee")

• 1 month later...

I was only able to get tickets to the second night at Massey Hall. I would have loved to be at both shows. It was a hard ticket to get and I felt lucky to be there at all. I read a review from the first night and heard that Eddie said that as far as he is concerned there is no other venue he would rather play. He told the crowd he'd rather be at Massey Hall than Folsom Prison. We got a little tribute to Neil Young with Eddie covering four of his songs. Eddie played Long May You Run, an acoustic RITFW, Helpless and he played drums while Liam Finn played a rockin' version of Old Man. Other highlights for me included Let My Love Open the Door with the Massey Hall choir, Masters of War and I am a Patriot. Hearing the soundtrack from Into the Wild was beautiful. I've been listening the soundtrack quite a bit since I saw the show. It was a marathon of a show, Eddie played for close to 3 hours. I love seeing a show like this I like the banter from that stage almost as much as I like the music. I'm pleased that he made his way to Toronto and I can't wait for the new Pearl Jam album.