Jambands.ca

Anyone who has had a pedicure...

Patchoulia

I didn't see a Personal Grooming Forum, so I have no choice but to put this here...

1. What's an average cost for a pedicure?

2. My feet/toes are really gross. Which I'm OK with, but other people might not be...Do you think they've seen worse? I'll be mortified if they say, "Omigod! Your feet!!! Are you an alien? I can't touch those!"

Just wondering.

Thanks, in advance.

Ok ... so I indulged and had one while getting my hair cut last Friday. I was wiped out after a long week and HOLY FUCK pedicures are awesome! Ya, I said it, and i'm completely heterosexual and i'm now a believer in pedicures :) LOL.

$40 for a pedicure/manicure at Yonge & Bloor.

I never knew that teeny tiny Vietnamese women were so strong!!!!

Was that $40 w/polish or without?

LOL ... well' date=' I didn't go for any polish ;) but I'm pretty sure it does. My wife got a little flower painted on hers too.[/quote']

Um, yeah, sure KK. What type of flower did you get painted on your toe?

Yeah, my boss just told me the first time she had it done--at the swanky salon in the Park Hyatt, no less--the woman cut her toe. She said it wouldn't stop bleeding and she was limping for a week! And it was well over $100! And the woman didn't even apologize!

I don't know what the "razor" is, but I don't want it anywhere near my feet!

SP i'd say it's worth it to spend extra. the local place here charges 60$ but it's totally pro and luxurious. i decided to get a cheaper one ($30) at the mall (vietnamese place) and my foot got cut and their tools looked scary and not too hygienically cleaned as far as it looked. i worried about the cut after that...so i don't think it was worth it to save a bit of money, esp. if you don't do it often.

I go to Venus Nails on Bay Street, a few blocks south of Bloor. $35 for a manicure AND pedicure, including polish. If you go later in the day, they can usually do both at once and get you out within an hour. I just got one last week so I won't go with you this time, but it's often more fun with a friend, as the girls who work there don't speak much English.

If you go with a pedicure only, bring a magazine or something to read.