Jambands.ca

WSP - Toronto - Roll Call

MoMack

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was the greatest rock show i've ever seen*

what an amazing night of fun. thanks for the hospitality TO skanks! :)

it was so great to have WSP here i couldn't believe it. i loved the show, and the second set was indeed awesome...thin air was rockin and bear's gone fishing-blight was CWAZY. jimmy was smokin and jb's still hot to me, hehe

i'm one satisfied lady :)

* along with a few others ;)

it was a good turnout! it was full but not crowded.

however, the venue looked different to me than i remembered it (only my 2nd time there), so i think part of it may have been closed off? it seemed smaller (front to back) than at ween.

i'm not good at estimating, but around 400 ?

I couldn't make it down until the second set had already started due to ride issues but I liked what I saw. 11 years in between Toronto gigs is just too long; I hope they don't take nearly that long again!

I'm sold.

That was my first Panic show and hopefully not my last. I was groovin' from the time I got in the door (1/2 way through first set). The amount of people there was perfect! It was very easy to get around (unlike WEEN) and the outdoor patio there is great.

I thought it was an excellent venue with the number of people there. I'm guessing that there were 500 or 600 people during the second set. I'm thinking another 200 people could have fit comfortably in the front section.

The only other times I've been there (SCI Big Summer Classic and Little Feat) it was much busier and thus not nearly as enjoyable inside the venue. The venue can hold 2600 people, but doesn't work nearly as well with a large crowd.

Peace, Mark

agree. I had no problems whatsover. Well, we were kinda stupid and got stuck in the lineup that was for the fucking drive-in thinking it was parking for the show! Duh. Oh well, got in with a minor pat-down. Moving around inside was a breeze, but we found a great little pocket at the front of the bar really close to Schools. Then moved right up front there for most of the second set :)

Security inside was keeping an eye on things, but they were totally laid back on the massive patio. We sat down at a table, enjoyed a cold one and a fatty and watched the fireworks and the skyline. Beautiful.

The sound was excellent inside the venue as well. I'd much rather see a show there (especially during the summer) than at Kool Haus.

Looks like The Sound Academy has quickly become my favourite "club" venue in Toronto to see a show. I don't know if htey have used the "full" club setup yet for any shows since the new ownership took over, so that would certainly change things.

The two shows I have seen (Maceo Parker, WSP) have been incredible. There truly isn't a bad vantage place in the place, and the small "fence" they put up running alongside the left bar makes getting to and from the bathroom a breeze. The sound is perfect, not too loud like Kool Haus, and, of course, the patio is incredible.

Great vibe for the Panic show, nice to see so many of you. Even though there were "only" 700 or so in attendance, the place still felt pretty full.

seems to be general consensus that the ween show was too crowded and sucked but that the panic show was not crowded and was great.

its funny that so many people have already posted about the same things i liked that night ... lots of room, casual staff, nice patio, setbreak fireworks, and yeah, a band that fucking rocked.

I didnt make it out to Panic but Ive been to a bunch of shows and events at the docks/sound acadamy now I guess and I have always loved it! expecially if its a earlie day event and the padio and, other fun stuff is open to roam around to. But I do agree the Ween show was too packed! and you could hardly move at all. Wish I would have made it out to the show, sounds like I missed out big time

I'm sold.

That was my first Panic show and hopefully not my last. I was groovin' from the time I got in the door (1/2 way through first set). The amount of people there was perfect! It was very easy to get around (unlike WEEN) and the outdoor patio there is great.

For what its worth - Toronto didn't even hold a candle to Rochester...

Wait til next time!