Jambands.ca

Bluesfest has begun

bagochips

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "music" starts as early as noon and goes on until at least 11 p.m., 10 to 11 hours a day for 11 days. Over 100 hours of exposure to a high decibel level.

Aline Jacques

Inaccurate. The music only starts at noon on the weekends. On weekdays it doesn't start until 6pm.

A total of 75 hours of music, as AD calculated in his well-written letter earlier in the week.

sometimes i really fucking hate ottawa. hehehe

i honestly would like to PUKE on those people. in fact, i might look them up in the phone book and go over and puke on them. fucking losers...this city has more than its share.

to balance that, I HEART BLUESFEST!! i have had such a great experience this year. not a single lawnchair fight and no hassles at all. :)

interesting...i saw jim bryson last summer and was bored to tears and left. i dunno if i'll give him another chance, maybe if he's lucky

It would help if you knew his music. He writes such beautiful songs, phorbesie. He has been covered by, or had songs commissioned for, many artists more well known. I'm listening to "where the bungalows roam" right now. Stunning.

such a great night of music!

kevin was awesome :) of course.

grupo fantasma gets my other best of the night, they were great. 10 pc latin band, they took me back to cuba in my mind, which was great. it was turning into a dance party when i left for calexico. they were also good. caught the last 5-6 tunes of brian wilson and then back to calexico for the end of their set.

whoop!

Manx/Breit was great but I missed Kevin's funny stories!!

Caught a glimpse of Kathleen Edwards en route to camping out a prime spot for Brian Wilson. He was great too, see other thread.

Managed to snag a late beer and headed on over to the Roots stage for Calexico's encore. It was a nice end to the night.

2654928226_b63429da79.jpg

Plants and Animals are way cool. Dave-O recommended them to me a while ago and there was no turning back.

This'll be my give-'em-another-chance P&A show; I saw them at Zaphod a while back (before their most recent release, I think; they were on a bill with Acres), and their set didn't make a great impression on me. (I didn't dislike it, but it wasn't memorable or all that outstanding to my ears.)

Aloha,

Brad

Plants and Animals, Popo, Kid Beyond, and The Black fucking Crowes.

I heard The Dynamites on the radio yesterday and it was really good. 9:15 on the Roots stage. I won't be there, but I'd like to check them out another time.

I think the main stage will unfortunately be lawn chair central tonight. I think there will be a decent-sized crowd due to the crowes' old radio hits, but I definitely don't think it will be all that huge. Hoping the lawn chair asses don't come out of the woodwork and ruin things.

I think the main stage will unfortunately be lawn chair central tonight.

What makes you think that? I would have thought the same for Brian Wilson last night but it was pretty easy to get close and stand. I've noticed that the lawnchair people tend to stay off the pavement near the front of the stage for the most part.

Showing up 30 minutes before showtime helps a lot too.

not a single lawnchair fight and no hassles at all. :)

I ran into some ugliness at the Johnny Winter show. Some lady hit me while I was trying to get by her (literally hit my leg and yelled "STOP") so I took her picture with my phone and she got up and tried to run after me. I was drunk but still faster then her...good thing, she was pretty mean. I still have her picture on my phone haha