Jambands.ca

Bluesfest has begun

bagochips

not a single lawnchair fight and no hassles at all. :)

I ran into some ugliness at the Johnny Winter show.

My only run in was at Feist. I could see open pockets of space near the front so naturally went to stand there only to find the space taken up by people's lawnchairs that they weren't sitting in. I started pushing them aside and telling people to pick up their fucking chairs. So I got into a couple of immature yelling matches but nothing physical.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the main stage will unfortunately be lawn chair central tonight.

What makes you think that?

Just a vague feeling that for ‘the masses,’ the Crowes are a CHEZ 106 classic rock singles band that peaked in 1990 with She Talks to Angels, Hard to Handle, Jealous Again. I don’t think ‘the masses’ know that they’ve done much of anything since then. (I equate classic rock singles band with lawn-chairs (see Steve Miller Band et al))

I will be there 30 minutes before showtime for sure.

no way...we are gonna own the crowes tonight.

i couldn't believe at brian wilson last night, it was all standing at the front and the lawn chairs were farther back. fuck yeah bitches!!! i was high-fiving people. lol.

zimmy, that's awesome. taking a pic is great, that'll freak her right out eh!! hahaha!

i'll be at the black sheep stage all night tonight.

Only one lawnchair incident for me this year. Just before Adrian Belew started on Saturday night, I stood up to stretch. I wasn't planning to stand for the show, as we had a blanket and most people around us were sitting. But immediately a lawnchair dude behind me yelled "SIT DOWN". So I intentionally did not sit down and moved over about a foot to be directly in front of him. A couple of my buddies showed up and stood with me. The guy yelled "SIT DOWN" a couple more times but we pretended not to hear him. Eventually he moved, and we sat down.

On Monday night, I was sitting in a lawnchair for Bettye Lavette, when Phorbesie stood directly in front of me for a second. For a joke I yelled "SIT DOWN" but I don't think you heard me Phorbesie!

oh yeah, when I was taking photos in the photo pit, I was standing on on of them foot standing things and getting some face on shots of brian waiting for direct eye contact. A lady who had been sitting in a lawn chair at front, yet directly behind me tapped me and said "A REAL Photographer moves around you know."

I said: " A real music fan doesn't sit down. Enjoy the show." and I walked away.

not a single lawnchair fight and no hassles at all. :)

I ran into some ugliness at the Johnny Winter show. Some lady hit me while I was trying to get by her (literally hit my leg and yelled "STOP") so I took her picture with my phone and she got up and tried to run after me. I was drunk but still faster then her...good thing' date=' she was pretty mean. I still have her picture on my phone haha[/quote']

Let's see the pic!

My buddy got his hair yanked by a lawn chair dude at Brian Wilson last night, so my friend smoked em I guess. Since my friend was the drunk one the security sided with the lawn chair dude. They took his pass away, but when he went back and argued his case they gave it back. I wasn't there and I do know how aggresive my buddy dances but I guess dude tried to drag him out of the way with his hair so he hit him. Most anybody would have done the same.

I know I am in the minority of the folks I was hanging out with (10+ ?) but the Crowes dulled me the moment they hit Jealous Again so I took off to Seun Kuti.

That was some serious shit those afrobeat motherfuckers were throwing down. Then I went back to the main stage after 20-45 minutes or so and Kuti's music was still washing over me so I could never get back into the Black Crowes.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut, was that really Luther Dickinson ripping those solos? Holy fuck, did it ever look like him. He was my saving grace tonight.

Kuti:

75d49d34.jpg

but I guess dude tried to drag him out of the way with his hair so he hit him. Most anybody would have done the same.

If someone yanked or got physical with me I most certainly would have cranked them. But the difference is most of the time my 40 year old ass would get the shit kicked out of it.

The long and short? Violence fucking sucks. That's a shitty tale Boiler Rat. Ugh for all parties involved.

Booche you are fucking sick. And not the good kind....

That Crowes show was off the hook. Best show I've seen them play in ages. Of course its the first real show I've seen sober in ages so who knows- but man oh man the real fans around me (from Winnipeg, NDakota and a few from Halifax) loved it.

I was surprised by no encore, but the BF staff seemed to be right out on stage unplugging equipment as soon as they could.

All in all wicked.

Songs played (not in order, though I'll try)....

Movin on Down the Line

Daughters of the Revolution

Black Moon Creeping !!!

Wounded Bird !!!

Oh Elijah

Jealous Again

Locust Street (CR on acoustic)

Gods Got It

Thorn in My Pride (short by Crowes standards, but an awesome intro jam)

Twice as Hard

Soul Singing

Remedy

The two marked !!! were my highlights, but the final three tunes certainly satiated the classic rock radio crowd.

Special thanks to Ollie for making a mid set beer run and giving me a little more room to boogie. I was barefoot, sober, smiling and fucking rocking. I think me and my new life are going to get along just fine...........

TST

seun kuti and egypt 80 were awesome!

i caught 3 crowes songs, but yeah it wasn't doing it for me.

i didn't like plants and animals either!

mighty popo had these crazy drummers that came in a procession, huge drums balanced on their heads while they played them, then they gathered in front of the stage and went off for about 15 minutes before popo and the band took over. i love that shit!!!