Jambands.ca

September 1978 Grateful Dead Shows Coming From Rhino

Kanada Kev

Grateful%2BDead%2BEgypt%2B1978.jpg

http://winkscollectibles.blogspot.com/2008/07/september-1978-grateful-dead-shows.html

Monday, July 14, 2008

September 1978 Grateful Dead Shows Coming From Rhino

Rhino Records has set September 30 as the release of the next Grateful Dead live recording, Rocking the Cradle: Egypt 1978. The release is taken from the Dead's shows on September 14 to 16, 1978 at the Gizah Sound and Light Theater in front of the great pyramids.

The set will be configured with 2-CDs and 1-DVD with those ordering through the Dead.net getting a bonus CD with eight additional performances.

The track listing:

* Disc 1

o Jack Straw

o Row Jimmy

o New, Minglewood Blues

o Candyman

o Looks Like Rain

o Stagger Lee

o I Need A Miracle

o It's All Over Now

o Deal

* Disc 2

o Ollin Arageed

o Fire On The Mountain

o Iko Iko

o Shakedown Street

o Drums

o Space

o Truckin'

o Stella Blue

o Around And Around

* DVD

o Bertha

o Good Lovin'

o Row Jimmy

o New, Minglewood Blues

o Candyman

o Looks Like Rain

o Deal

o Ollin Arageed

o Fire On The Mountain

o Iko Iko

o I Need A Miracle

o It's All Over Now

o Truckin'

o Featurette: The Vacation Tapes

* Dead.net Exclusive Bonus CD

o Bertha

o Good Lovin'

o El Paso

o Ramble On Rose

o Estimated Prophet

o Eyes Of The World

o Terrapin Station

o Sugar Magnolia

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Listening Party has started at Dead.net:

GD_RT_4cover_300.jpg

http://dead.net/listeningparty

Road Trips: Volume 1, Number 4

Culled from two of the five nights played at Winterland, October 21 & 22; this volume of Road Trips was inspired by the Egypt tour the boys had recently returned from. For a limited time; we invite you to get a taste of what's coming 'From Egypt With Love' at the end of September. Sample the songs, or just play it through.

Listen to all the tracks

Olin Arageed >

Deal

Peggy-O

Jack Straw

Scarlet Begonias

Fire on the Mountain

Not Fade Away >

Going Down the Road Feeling Bad

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

egyptfront_397x220.gif

http://www.dead.net/features/interviews/richard-loren-how-egypt-happened#

Richard Loren: How Egypt Happened

As part of our celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the legendary Grateful Dead shows in Gizah, Egypt, we're offering a new 35-minute interview with former Grateful Dead manager Richard Loren. Richard is also Executive Producer on Rocking the Cradle: Egypt 1978.

Here Richard Loren talks with David Gans about the inspiration and planning that brought about these monumental shows. Richard also shares some very cool behind-the-scenes anecdotes.

Click here to hear the entire interview (35 minutes).

Edited by Guest

I got mine in the mail last night. It's okay but I am underwhelmed by the whole thing.

I had never bothered to get these shows through tape-trading because I was told they lagged and listening to the first CD definitely shows that. The Second CD is a little better, a nice Shakedown with a good jam out of it into drums, but nothing outstanding.

The footage is cool on the DVD, whoever was filming them was drunk however. Looks like it was all shot on 3/4 inch video or something.

The best thing for me is actually the DVD bonus feature "The Vacation Tapes"

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
I got mine in the mail last night. It's okay but I am underwhelmed by the whole thing.

I had never bothered to get these shows through tape-trading because I was told they lagged and listening to the first CD definitely shows that. The Second CD is a little better, a nice Shakedown with a good jam out of it into drums, but nothing outstanding.

The footage is cool on the DVD, whoever was filming them was drunk however. Looks like it was all shot on 3/4 inch video or something.

The best thing for me is actually the DVD bonus feature "The Vacation Tapes"

I got the whole package with the Road Trips release as well - and the "From Egypt With Love" shows are definitely better than the actual Egypt shows.

• 1 month later...